Helmets for Round Heads | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmets for Round Heads

Thank you, I'll try the FG-17 as well. I normally ride with earplugs, especially if I am going highway so noise shouldn't be that much of an issue.

No worries. Good luck.

Also, I wear an XL FG-17, but I run I believe XXL or XXXL cheek pads to make it just right on my head. Don't be afraid to try different sized pads within the same helmet to "customize" it for your head.

Everyone has cameras these days, so take three photos of your head: front, profile and top-down. You might be surprised at the shapes as well as the thinning hair. I'm probably going to try LS2 helmets next as they are advertised as oval shaped, similar to my old RF1100.

Run your head thru a 3d printer presto change-o comb over the results with a fine tooth comb for deducing accurate irregularities. Think of reshaping corneas per laser eye surgery only the head as a whole.

These were only lines of helmet that fit my round head without any pressure points.
- Arai RX-Q (R75 shape)
- Shoei Qwst
I decided to go with Arai because they had the colour I liked.

I've been thinking about making this same thread for a while now. When shopping for helmets earlier this year, I realized having a round head sucks.

I'm wearing a FG-17 as well. Been hoping to find a nicer/quieter helmet but hard to find anything that fits comfortably.

I really like my hjc fg-17. It's definitely not overly quiet, but it flows a lot of air and it's light enough. I do like the silver cool liner. I prefer drop down sunshields but changing visors is quick and easy.
I also have no idea how to describe my head shape. Lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I believe HJC is known for fitting rounder heads, and reading some of the responses here, it seems to work for many of us here. I wear a black CL-17 and it is great, although a bit heavy.

My other helmet is a Shoei RF-1100 which also fits quite well, a little more snug maybe b/c it is more oval. But the liner is soft enough to accommodate. It is white and also lighter, so I end up wearing it slightly more often.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom