PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum | GTAMotorcycle.com

PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum

Canadian Rider

Hi,

I just wanted to save anyone the hassle and get the word out to save anyone hassle.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...99/1180291068?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This guy selling the Panigale is the ultimate scum of the earth. 6 months ago while I was looking for a Panigale I went to London after he told me the bike had no liens etc, took my friends time and his truck and we get there, claims hes a police officer, and tells me everything I want to hear. I brought cash and this is my second visit to see the motorcycle now with the truck ready to complete transaction. I ask for the UVIP, he tells me here it is, but he is missing the page with the lien information. Finally he coughs it up and tells me there is a lein but he "promises" to pay for it monthly. Tried to get it right under my nose. Whats more this bastard claims hes a cop.

Who knows, maybe he did pay it off now, BUT BUYER BEWARE!! I was ****ing ****** coming back home, taking my friends time and my time for some ******** to try to screw me.

I can see someone falling for this, and who knows, maybe noone will see it, but I hope even if its a 1% chance that someone does not get screwed I wanted to post this.

He nickname is Q"Ducati". London Police Officer...

Last edited:
People impersonate police officers to rip them off.
Please compose a letter to the Unit Commander of the Professional Standards Unit of the London Police Service.
Include all the relevant information including a print out of the Kijiji ad.
If he's a cop, he should be disciplined.
If he isn't he should be charged.

Pretty sure someone posted this one months ago...I think he's been trying to sell it for quite some time.

I would never carry around $12K in cash, not even as ransom money for my own mother. A bank draft or a trip to the bank. Carrying that around is just asking to be a mugging victim.

Why are you mad? You should be elated... your intuition saved you years of grief. A bank would have sent their repo people to your house to collect their bike!

Caveat emptor applies at all times, in all places, ESPECIALLY in the luxury goods market. Agreed on the 12K in cash, SMC. It sounds like a setup for a robbery. The bank must have been a bit wary handing out that amount of paper.

Why are you mad? You should be elated... your intuition saved you years of grief. A bank would have sent their repo people to your house to collect their bike!
Why am I mad? Yes well my intuition saved my ass not everyone will be so lucky. I just think it's pathetic for this guy who is married and has two kids is doing this in front of his wife in his own house claiming to be a police officer while trying to rip off honest people. Rather disgusting. I might actually have his name as I took a picture of the ownership at the time. I just want this to be known to anyone looking to buy a bike please make sure there is no lien. Also if anyone was looking at this like specifically I would just completely avoid him and his bike. Looks like he can't afford the payments anymore and is trying to **** somebody up. As soon as I seen the ad I knew it was him and I wanted to make sure I could do anything in my power to possibly save someone from years of grief and sadness

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Why the assumption he is lying about being a police officer? Not like cops are free from doing despicable things. If you have his name, do as statsman suggested.

Wonder what's owed... Could have said "ok, let's go to the bank and pay your balance" then you know the debt is cleared. On the cop bit, they're people too; probably just **** with money.

He is still claiming the bike is lien free:

33x8tit.png

Contact Kijiji, they'll ban him but he'll just be back up under another email address. I wonder if the guy can be charged if you call the cops in London and ask for the motor vehicle theft unit. They might go and try and buy the bike. He'll end up in jail.

Liens, attempted scams, impersonating a police officer...all that trouble for a bike he rode only 1,400 km. I just don't get some people.

Liens, attempted scams, impersonating a police officer...all that trouble for a bike he rode only 1,400 km. I just don't get some people.

Impulse purchase without much thought to the long term commitment. Lots of people do stupid crap like that.

Last edited:
Wonder what's owed... Could have said "ok, let's go to the bank and pay your balance" then you know the debt is cleared. On the cop bit, they're people too; probably just **** with money.

6 months ago, 16K was owed is what he told me, that he would have used my agreed upon 13K and put another 3K down to clear it, but then back tracked and told me he does not have the 3K to clear the remainder, and was giving me verbal promises to continue to pay the monthly installment and that I should trust him as he is a Police Officer and family man. I was livid but also scared as he was a cop, so I backed away and aborted back home.

1400KM .... some cop probably too damn scared to ride the bloody thing.

"Will include rear stand and trickle charger. Always serviced at local bike shop. "

what's there to service? the first service. What a joke.

If he's a cop, he should be disciplined.
If he isn't he should be charged.
I don't understand this statement, are there different laws for police officers than for us regular folk?

If there are merits to charge someone (and I am not sure there are) shouldn't this person be charged regardless of being a cop or not?

good lesson from this. with all the technology and such available. i've had folks sent me a copy of the uvip via email or text message. Saves everyone time.

He is still claiming the bike is lien free:

Ask him for the VIN and tell him you're serious and will buy the UVIP yourself to save him the time and the $20.

I suspect his tune will change.

I don't understand this statement, are there different laws for police officers than for us regular folk?

If there are merits to charge someone (and I am not sure there are) shouldn't this person be charged regardless of being a cop or not?

If he's a cop it's unprofessional behavior, so discipline may be in order? If he's not, claiming to be one is impersonating a police officer.

If he's a cop it's unprofessional behavior, so discipline may be in order? If he's not, claiming to be one is impersonating a police officer.
OK so the comment was in reference to impersonating one which is illegal.

Gotya

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom