Insurance Ninja 300 abs Under 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Ninja 300 abs Under 19

cookid

Hello,
I'm 18 years old and looking to get a ninja 300 in the near future. As of right now I don't even have my m1, just been trying to do some research before I jump into things. I'am looking to get a general insurance quote before I started pursing anything. I was just wondering if it's possible to tell the insurance company what qualifications you plan on receiving before you get them (if that makes sense). Basically, I Plan on getting my m1, doing the m1 exit course right that. Problem is that I would need to buy full gear to do the m1 exit course. which would be alt east another $500 for minimal gear, then another $500 for the course. I don't have a problem spending that but if I do all that and find out to get a crazy quote. I'd rather just wait a couple years. Let me know what you guys pay for insurance if in the same vote, I know it differs but it should be generally near.

Hello,
I'm 18 years old and looking to get a ninja 300 in the near future. As of right now I don't even have my m1, just been trying to do some research before I jump into things. I'am looking to get a general insurance quote before I started pursing anything. I was just wondering if it's possible to tell the insurance company what qualifications you plan on receiving before you get them (if that makes sense). Basically, I Plan on getting my m1, doing the m1 exit course right that.

Keep in mind that if you get your M1 on day 'X' and take the M1X on day 'X+1' you still have to wait until day 'X+60' before you can go to the DriveTest centre to obtain your M2...

Talk to your insurance agent (or call one...), explain your dilemma and ask them for a quote for you with your M2. They should be able to give you a ball-park figure.

Online motorcycle quotes are not accurate. Call some brokers.. They will give you hypothetical quotes if you ask for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
Problem is that I would need to buy full gear to do the m1 exit course. which would be alt east another $500 for minimal gear

You don't need to spend that much on gear for the course. Sturdy boots that cover the ankles can be hiking boots. Pants and jacket just need to be denim (no holes, not thin "fashion" type denim). Gloves can be leather work gloves that go past the wrist bone. Good helmets can be found for not a lot over $100. Buying the helmet, but using or borrowing the rest, means you can take care of the course gear for a whole let less than $500.

Agents tend to not like hypotheticals (since they know it isn't a sale), but they should be able to do it. Just call some of them up and explain things, and ask them what would the quote be if you had your M1 today and needed insurance, or had your M2 today and needed insurance. They'll probably complain and say the numbers might not be the same later on, but just ask for them anyhow, as it will give you a ballpark.

That said, expect a high number. Anyone under 25 pays a lot for insurance, and depending on if you have your G2 or G it can swing things as well. If you have nothing and no insurance history (not a driver or a rider), then expect a very high number, as you are a complete unknown to them, which is a very high risk.

Also, insurance is very individual, so you really can't compare to others. Since I know that is what you are after, the best I could probably say is if you have some driving history, no tickets, no claims, and live in Toronto, $3000-5000/year wouldn't surprise me. If you have zero history with any insurance or years on the road, then I'd expect $5000+, as I had a friend who bought a CBR125R in that situation, and was paying a bit over $3000 a year to ride it. If you have accidents or tickets, then all bets are off.

Last edited:
You don't need to spend that much on gear for the course. Sturdy boots that cover the ankles can be hiking boots. Pants and jacket just need to be denim (no holes, not thin "fashion" type denim). Gloves can be leather work gloves that go past the wrist bone. Good helmets can be found for not a lot over $100. Buying the helmet, but using or borrowing the rest, means you can take care of the course gear for a whole let less than $500.

Yeah for sure. I got all my equipment for the safety course for under 70 bucks. 50 bucks on a helmet and 10 dollars at value village for boots/jacket, 5 dollars at home depot for work gloves. Everyone already has at least one pair of jeans.

Its a safety course, not a fashion show, no need to drop 500 on gear. You also wont break 30kmh so even denim will save you if you bail. If youre worried you look like a loser, just throw it in your backpack and only put on the safety gear at the course.

Hello,
I'm 18 years old and looking to get a ninja 300 in the near future. As of right now I don't even have my m1, just been trying to do some research before I jump into things. I'am looking to get a general insurance quote before I started pursing anything. I was just wondering if it's possible to tell the insurance company what qualifications you plan on receiving before you get them (if that makes sense). Basically, I Plan on getting my m1, doing the m1 exit course right that. Problem is that I would need to buy full gear to do the m1 exit course. which would be alt east another $500 for minimal gear, then another $500 for the course. I don't have a problem spending that but if I do all that and find out to get a crazy quote. I'd rather just wait a couple years. Let me know what you guys pay for insurance if in the same vote, I know it differs but it should be generally near.

Aviva will have a very competitive rate for you.

Contact me if you would like to obtain a hypothetical quote.

Yeah for sure. I got all my equipment for the safety course for under 70 bucks. 50 bucks on a helmet and 10 dollars at value village for boots/jacket, 5 dollars at home depot for work gloves. Everyone already has at least one pair of jeans.

Its a safety course, not a fashion show, no need to drop 500 on gear. You also wont break 30kmh so even denim will save you if you bail. If youre worried you look like a loser, just throw it in your backpack and only put on the safety gear at the course.

I question any helmet you got for $50...unless it was new, DOT certified, and from an actual shop (not an eBay sale). I've seen some closeouts go for that much, but it is very very rare.

It was a shark helmet that was on sale. This was in like 2007, I forget where i got it from but it was in the city somewhere.

I did my safety course back in the days with a pair of construction boots, leather jacket and leather work gloves, I did have to buy a cheap plain black helmet for $100.
The safety Instructors didn't have a problem with it and everyone else was wearing pretty much the same thing.
Definitely not a fashion show

Back
Top Bottom