Apple should be very concerned... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple should be very concerned...

I have an ipod, use a BlackBerry for work and use all android apps, I also own a Suzuki, a Yamaha and a Kawasaki.

I am not sure why people get so bent out of shape about products, I use what to me is the best at the moment unless it's free

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

They said it would cost Apple an extra $2-$5 per product to make them in the USA.

Did you actually read the article I linked to? And who's they? Post up links to said stories.

Quoting the article on Forbes:

The average manufacturing wage in 2010 is about $2.00 in China and $34.75 in America. By locating the same iPhone factory in America, Apple would add more than $25 billion in labor costs a year, which would completely wipe out Apple’s 2010 profit of $14 billion.

So yeah, sorry, $2-$5 extra per product is bunk.

Average wage for overseas manufacturing is peanuts compared to north american standards which is exactly why so much stuff is made over there. I'm not saying it's right, but it is the truth. You will not find any mass market consumer electronic that is manufactured in North America simply because of the cost and unavailability of a large workforce - a FoxConn plant employs 200,000+ workers and is basically a city unto itself - the logistics and difficulty finding 200,000 people willing to basically live in a confined city doing repetitive work here would make it basically impossible.

In the end, I come full circle to the fact that at least Apple has 40,000 well paid North American employees and is operated by a company that shares most of our values. The same can not be said for Samsung.

I have an ipod, use a BlackBerry for work and use all android apps, I also own a Suzuki, a Yamaha and a Kawasaki.

I am not sure why people get so bent out of shape about products, I use what to me is the best at the moment unless it's free

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Don't try to make sense in this debate .... you look silly.

Did you actually read the article I linked to? And who's they? Post up links to said stories.

Quoting the article on Forbes:

So yeah, sorry, $2-$5 extra per product is bunk.

Average wage for overseas manufacturing is peanuts compared to north american standards which is exactly why so much stuff is made over there. I'm not saying it's right, but it is the truth. You will not find any mass market consumer electronic that is manufactured in North America simply because of the cost and unavailability of a large workforce - a FoxConn plant employs 200,000+ workers and is basically a city unto itself - the logistics and difficulty finding 200,000 people willing to basically live in a confined city doing repetitive work here would make it basically impossible.

In the end, I come full circle to the fact that at least Apple has 40,000 well paid North American employees and is operated by a company that shares most of our values. The same can not be said for Samsung.

I forgot the source...it was a business tv show and someone asked that question and the response was well it would cost x more to which the host said I would pay the extra $5 as did the others on the show.

It doesn't matter because let's be real, the govt will just tax the hell out of them.

At the end of the day, like everyone else, do what you got to do with your money.

I forgot the source...it was a business tv show and someone asked that question and the response was well it would cost x more to which the host said I would pay the extra $5 as did the others on the show.

Very clearly it was someone who was just pulling numbers out of their ***, not actually based on facts. Simple logic would dictate that the difference in wage between $2/Hr and $35/Hr is going to add far more than $5 per device in manufacturing costs unless North Americans can somehow (when you do the math) magically build the handsets nearly 18x as fast as the overseas workers do.

really no surprise iPhone sales are in decline,

First the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are spanking the iPhone in the minds and hearts of consumers and tech sites, and now enter the new King, Note 7.

Iris scanner, check. expandable memory, check. stylus, check, waterproof and dust resistant, check. Huge *** battery, check. Super AMOLED Quad HD display, check. Always on display, check.

Apple is sooo pooched.

10 awesome Note 7 features you won't find on any iPhone...

http://bgr.com/2016/08/02/galaxy-note-7-vs-iphone-6s-plus-specs-features/

I have the Note 5 and love it. I use the S pen all the time, I guess it will be time for an upgrade to the Note 7

Very clearly it was someone who was just pulling numbers out of their ***, not actually based on facts. Simple logic would dictate that the difference in wage between $2/Hr and $35/Hr is going to add far more than $5 per device in manufacturing costs unless North Americans can somehow (when you do the math) magically build the handsets nearly 18x as fast as the overseas workers do.

just a guess but I am quite sure there are millions of students ranging from grade 12 to college/univeristy
plus millions of regular skilled labour ....or teach them that will do it for $15-20/hr.

We were given S7's at work and I'm not that impressed. Seems very buggy.

The on/off button keeps disabling its self and the only way to re-enable it is to connect it to a PC and boot it in safe mode. Tried re-osing it but nothing seems to help. Rogers replaced it in case it was a hardware problem but it didn't make any diffrence. Apparently this has been a common problem since the S5. I also can't connect to my Bluetooth printer

Battery life sucks as well. I have to charge it every day. I could get 3 days from my cheapo nexus.

I have never had a Note. How would the stylus change how I use a cell phone?
The best feature of the stylus is the device off memo. With my phone off, I pull out the pen write my note, put the pen back in, phone is still off but the note is in my phone, so when I turn it on at some time, I then can add it to my S Notes. Drawing on pictures, which I do for work quite a bit, using it to create or edit CAD drawings on my phone. photo editing is easier. There are tons of uses for the S Pen.

Last edited:
The best feature of the stylus is the device off memo. With my phone off, I pull out the pen write my note, put the pen back in, phone is still off but the note is in my phone, so when I turn it on at some time, I then can add it to my S Notes. Drawing on pictures, which I do for work quite a bit, using it to create or edit CAD drawings on my phone. photo editing is easier. There are tons of uses for the S Pen.

I only have a note 2, but I love the S Pen cut & paste feature.. fun cutting random objects out of anything on screen and sending them as text etc..

ok, never thought this day would come, but it has.....

Got the Note 7 for over a week now.

Boy.... you Android fanboys have been duped!!!!

I've never used such a clunky, intrusive OS in my life!!!!

example, I did service work for a Hair salon, next door there is a Mucho Burrito store. The next day, Google notifies me that I visited Mucho Burrito the day before and wants me to rate my experience! Good Golly!! I never visited the place! Leave me alone dammit!!

Multitasking on Android? Non existent. I like to play you tube music while doing other things on my phone. Guess what? the moment I leave the app, to respond to a message or check the weather, the music stops!! What a joke! Never had this problem on BlackBerry!

Messages are all over the place! On BB, you have the incredible messaging HUB where all your notifications and messages are in one spot, and you can respond, delete, acknowledge, etc. Thankfully, BB mercifully introduced HUB for Android and its made the transition a little less jarring.

Other flaws, google keeps pushing its services and Gmail apps. I dont want it!! Stop pestering me!! I dont need reminders!

Nothing 'flows', its all a mishmash of navigation. Notifications are atrocious. Multitask button is retarded. Keyboard glass typing is pathetic, never made so many mistakes and errors.

GTAM friends, its a sorry sorry shame that BB10 never took off. You guys would have been treated to one of the smoothest, non intrustive, beautifully designed OS'es ever created. Notifications are a snap. TRUE multitasking, excellent keyboard, NON instrusive, excellent battery life. Excellent HUB notifications.

Samsung has a great product here, likely the most beautiful device on the market. Build quality is excellent. Stunning display. (except for the battery issue which I'm sure they will resolve), but man, the OS is a step back. No wonder Samsung is trying to find a way to bring in their own Tizen OS and have replace Android on their watches with Tizen. Even they know Android is crap!!

Samsung has a great product here, likely the most beautiful device on the market. Build quality is excellent.

Pick one that's applicable.

fire-extinguishers1.jpg

Last edited:
hahahah sunny can't catch a break

First he has to come to terms with the fact that blackberry is long dead, and now he buys an exploding phone to replace the BB with LOLOLOL

pro-tip: google has tons of account security and privacy settings to stop tracking.. might wanna familiarize yourself with the platform. just do it on a non-exploding phone ;)

ok, never thought this day would come, but it has.....

Boy.... you Android fanboys have been duped!!!!

I've never used such a clunky, intrusive OS in my life!!!!

example, I did service work for a Hair salon, next door there is a Mucho Burrito store. The next day, Google notifies me that I visited Mucho Burrito the day before and wants me to rate my experience! Good Golly!! I never visited the place! Leave me alone dammit!!

Multitasking on Android? Non existent. I like to play you tube music while doing other things on my phone. Guess what? the moment I leave the app, to respond to a message or check the weather, the music stops!! What a joke! Never had this problem on BlackBerry!

Messages are all over the place! On BB, you have the incredible messaging HUB where all your notifications and messages are in one spot, and you can respond, delete, acknowledge, etc. Thankfully, BB mercifully introduced HUB for Android and its made the transition a little less jarring.

Other flaws, google keeps pushing its services and Gmail apps. I dont want it!! Stop pestering me!! I dont need reminders!

Nothing 'flows', its all a mishmash of navigation. Notifications are atrocious. Multitask button is retarded. Keyboard glass typing is pathetic, never made so many mistakes and errors.

GTAM friends, its a sorry sorry shame that BB10 never took off. You guys would have been treated to one of the smoothest, non intrustive, beautifully designed OS'es ever created. Notifications are a snap. TRUE multitasking, excellent keyboard, NON instrusive, excellent battery life. Excellent HUB notifications.

Samsung has a great product here, likely the most beautiful device on the market. Build quality is excellent. Stunning display. (except for the battery issue which I'm sure they will resolve), but man, the OS is a step back. No wonder Samsung is trying to find a way to bring in their own Tizen OS and have replace Android on their watches with Tizen. Even they know Android is crap!!
I agree, the OS is crap, however the priv has the best of both worlds. Excellent phone

Pick one that's applicable.

fire-extinguishers1.jpg

Well... This is why I lament the loss of user replaceable batteries in new/newer smart phones:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/c...-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-recall/

[FONT=&quot]anadian carries have reacted swiftly to the recall of the explosion-prone Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with Bell, Rogers, Telus, Eastlink, Videotron, Koodo, MTS and SaskTel all confirming today that they’re suspending sales of the smartphone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“After a thorough investigation conducted by Samsung, Telus has been advised by the manufacturer that it has found a battery cell issue in Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices,” said the carrier’s representative.

I imagine that my Galaxy S5 may well be the last smart phone I own where I have the ability to easily open it up and replace batteries, parts etc. [/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom