Apple should be very concerned... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple should be very concerned...

35 documented cases (none in canada) out of 2.5million+ units sold. I don't see what the big deal is.

Samsung is offering free replacement and a $25 gift card for your troubles. This is fine by me.

I looked at the Nexus phones, doesn't hold a candle to the Samsungs. Far more bulkier and less sexy. Its a phone (along with the Plus One phones) made for Android nerds and developers, not for common people. The Samsung is a huge phone wrapped up in a sleek tidy package. Incredible Quad HD display and the curved edges are a nice useful tough. They really toned down the Samsungness of the Android software compared to previous versions.

The Note7 camera is simply outstanding. The waterproof and dustproof is a godsend, just days after getting my phone, A tall glass of water spilled all over my phone. Any other phone would likely have been ruined. I work often enough in dusty and dirty environments. Its a great feeling knowing I can just rinse off the phone when the need arises.

If only Android software wasn't so crappy. What a disappointment.

Last edited:
I need a new phone. My old LG is messed. You guys have me confused now though. I was thinking of going to Blackberry.

I need a new phone. My old LG is messed. You guys have me confused now though. I was thinking of going to Blackberry.

Nexus announcement coming up. The only way to Android. Skip exploding batteries and bloatware!

If BB was so great why hasn't it topped the market?

If BB was so great why hasn't it topped the market?
Because BB suffered a period of decline large enough to wipe it out of competitive relevance.

OSes never ascend to greatness on their own merits, they get there when the dominant OS of the day descends to irrelevance, opening the door for the next guy in line.

It's unfortunate that it has to be this way but compatibility between devices is a big thing that eventually winnows away less competitive systems until just one realistic alternative remains dominant in the market.

DOS -> Windows for PCs. Symbian -> Palm / Blackberry -> iOS / Android for mobile.

We actually live in a rare period where two strong OSes are competing for dominance in the mobile space, where arguably Android is winning (I predict next week's iPhone 7 reveal will help Android even further). Nobody seems to appreciate the value of having two strong options in the market. Instead they become rabid boosters of one platform over another, polarizing the issue and helping to drive the wedge that leads to single system dominance.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that it has to be this way but compatibility between devices is a big thing that eventually winnows away less competitive systems until just one realistic alternative remains dominant in the market.

DOS > Windows for PCs. Symbian > Palm > Blackberry > iOS / Android for mobile.

I think I still have an unlocked Palm Treo kicking around somewhere...sounds like you want to buy it, given in your mind it is superior to every modern phone out here?

Guessing your bike still has kick-start and not one of those new-fangled electric start systems as well?

35 documented cases (none in canada) out of 2.5million+ units sold. I don't see what the big deal is.

The underlying problem is potentially widespread, so current statistics don't reflect future risk. Personally, anything that could potentially burst into flames and light my house on fire in the middle of the night while me and my kids are sleeping on the second floor does constitute a "big deal" to me.

So, yeah, it might not burst into flames today, tomorrow, this month or next. Or maybe it will. Maybe it'll be somewhere harmless and not light anything on fire if it happens. Or maybe your house will burn to the ground.

Yeah. That's a big deal.

I think I still have an unlocked Palm Treo kicking around somewhere...sounds like you want to buy it, given in your mind it is superior to every modern phone out here?

Guessing your bike still has kick-start and not one of those new-fangled electric start systems as well?
The arrows were to indicate progression in time, not superiority. I have a palm phone if I need it though, thanks.

GTAM friends, its a sorry sorry shame that BB10 never took off. You guys would have been treated to one of the smoothest, non intrustive, beautifully designed OS'es ever created. Notifications are a snap. TRUE multitasking, excellent keyboard, NON instrusive, excellent battery life. Excellent HUB notifications.

QUOTE]

The latest update for my Z30 killed most of those nice qualities. Battery life is now much worse, its slow, and typing is terrible with auto-correct.

Samsung is offering free replacement and a $25 gift card for your troubles. This is fine by me.

I looked at the Nexus phones, doesn't hold a candle to the Samsungs. Far more bulkier and less sexy. Its a phone (along with the Plus One phones) made for Android nerds and developers, not for common people. The Samsung is a huge phone wrapped up in a sleek tidy package. Incredible Quad HD display and the curved edges are a nice useful tough. They really toned down the Samsungness of the Android software compared to previous versions.

The Note7 camera is simply outstanding. The waterproof and dustproof is a godsend, just days after getting my phone, A tall glass of water spilled all over my phone. Any other phone would likely have been ruined. I work often enough in dusty and dirty environments. Its a great feeling knowing I can just rinse off the phone when the need arises.

If only Android software wasn't so crappy. What a disappointment.

I think part of the problem is the bloat Samsung puts into their phones. There are a whack of Samsung apps etc on my Galaxy S5 that I cannot get rid of and take up a fair bit of the 16 Gig onboard storage. Thank goodness that with an update I can move a good number of apps to my 128 gig Micro SD card in the phone.

As for my next phone? Hmmm...

I could wait a bit and snag a S7 Edge for a good deal. Would be nice to have USB-C though since this seems to be the next standard.

The S8 is going to be a beast if you believe the various rumor sites:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-release-date-specs-rumours-price-uk

Nevermind that nonsense.... Google Nexus (Pixel??) event Oct 4th

Please let it be good... I need a new phone

If you gonna use android there's no replacement for the sweet sweet music of purity

hopefully they don't source batteries from samsung :cool:

Back
Top Bottom