Apple should be very concerned... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple should be very concerned...

SunnY S

Site Supporter
really no surprise iPhone sales are in decline,

First the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are spanking the iPhone in the minds and hearts of consumers and tech sites, and now enter the new King, Note 7.

Iris scanner, check. expandable memory, check. stylus, check, waterproof and dust resistant, check. Huge *** battery, check. Super AMOLED Quad HD display, check. Always on display, check.

Apple is sooo pooched.

10 awesome Note 7 features you won't find on any iPhone...

http://bgr.com/2016/08/02/galaxy-note-7-vs-iphone-6s-plus-specs-features/

Last edited:
Meh. It'll be obsolete in a year when Samsung and carriers stop pushing updates to it. Bring on the next Nexus! The only way to do Android.

Please say it ain't so...but have you given up on BlackBerry?
I am still with BlackBerry
really no surprise iPhone sales are in decline,

First the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are spanking the iPhone in the minds and hearts of consumers and tech sites, and now enter the new King, Note 7.

Iris scanner, check. expandable memory, check. stylus, check, waterproof and dust resistant, check. Huge *** battery, check. Super AMOLED Quad HD display, check. Always on display, check.

Apple is sooo pooched.

10 awesome Note 7 features you won't find on any iPhone...

http://bgr.com/2016/08/02/galaxy-note-7-vs-iphone-6s-plus-specs-features/

Sunny stayed with the sinking blackberry ship for many years..

Me too! I like the new DTEK now that it's come up. Will probably wait a bit before I buy it though. Z30 isn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be but still like it enough to keep it a bit longer!

anyway Apple will be fine....soon as the color iPhone comes out with people will buy it...

Too big to fit in my pocket, check! Picked up an SE, which I like so far. Kid lost his NEO and replaced it with a Google phone, which he's hoping has better support.

Meh, all good things come to an end eventually. Just like the roman empire.

I jumped off the apple ship long ago the last thing I owned from them was the old school ipod with the turn-wheel. Other than that, Samsung and Sony all the way! Sony's ship is actually sinking =/

The new edges look nice, but I don't plan on upgrading until the S10 comes out.

Hmmm...

I have been waiting on this phone. My Galaxy S5 is off contract and I thought of snagging the S7 edge but decided to wait and see what the Note 6 would be like. Then it became the Note 7...

It has what I thought it would including USB-C. However, all the rumors up until now said 6 Gig of RAM and a newer chipset. Interesting that it rocks the same chipset as the S7 and S7 Edge and the same amount of RAM. Since I may not use the stylus I wonder if I should just save some money and snag a S7 Edge or wait until the S8? The big thing the Note 7 has going for it is the USB-C which is going to be the next standard. If you want to dabble in VR it will be able to use the newest set.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/08/02/galaxy-note-7-hands-on-an-iterative-phablet-step-forward/

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7-review-1472.php

I am glad the added the water resistance and Micro SD support that the S7 and S7 Edge have. Except for not using new silicon and 6 Gig of RAM (which might be overkill at this stage) they have put everything into this phone I could want except a removable battery.

Hmmm... S7 Edge or Note7?

Meh. It'll be obsolete in a year when Samsung and carriers stop pushing updates to it. Bring on the next Nexus! The only way to do Android.

LOL! I am still getting regular updates on my Galaxy S5. Not sure where this misinformation comes from...

So they have my finger print & now they want my iris scan?

If I was ever to buy a droid I'd be buying a Nexus, not a Samsung or other brand.

The main issue with Android is updates. Not all the manufacturers provide them for the handsets they're selling, or do so in a timely fashion. You have to give Apple credit there - they're still supporting handsets that are now over 5 years old which is ancient when it comes to tech.

The other reason I'd buy a nexus vs a Samsung or others is the lack of bloatware and carrier crapware. The Nexus is virgin Android.

FWIW I'm an iPhone guy, have been since the original one came out. Still like it, but I'll admit they're falling behind - if the i7 does turn out to be the lacklustre update it's rumoured to be I won't be upgrading my 6+ this year despite coming off contract in December, opting to wait for the 8 instead which is rumoured to be a major change. If the 8 turns out to be nothing big either, well, I'll regroup at that point and consider options. I'm not a fanboy so I could consider change at that point.

As for all the bells and whistles that people are getting excited about on the Note 7, I'll believe them when they prove actually functional. The iris scanner is bound to be one of those things that works correctly so frustratingly seldom that people just don't use it. The waterproof thing, well, like the Sony phone that also boasted such, it's only good until you forget or loose one of the little rubber plugs that covers the ports, and then it does like all the others.

LOL! I am still getting regular updates on my Galaxy S5. Not sure where this misinformation comes from...
It takes months (if you're lucky) to get the latest versions of Android and by the time you do get it, the next one is on the horizon. Not only do you have to wait for Samsung you also gotta wait for your carrier. That blows. When did you get 6.0.1 in Canada? Google released that last year.

I was a die hard blackberry fan, but stupid glitches and no cool apps caused me to go to the S7 edge. I'm happy that Samsung is doing to Apple what Apple did to Blackberry.

I'm also not sure why updates are a focus. I always sought out the latest updates for me phones and when I did, it usually caused issues with some of my apps

I was a die hard blackberry fan, but stupid glitches and no cool apps caused me to go to the S7 edge. I'm happy that Samsung is doing to Apple what Apple did to Blackberry.

I'm also not sure why updates are a focus. I always sought out the latest updates for me phones and when I did, it usually caused issues with some of my apps
Security (big one) and improved performance/features.

You still use Windows 2000?

There's a Windows 2000 now!!!! Time to upgrade my Windows 95 operating system, technology moves so fast....I just got off DOS.

Copy A:/ to C:/

If a massive security exploit was discovered that rendered your phone higgly risky to use would you want an update ASAP, or weeks or months down the road? Or maybe never?

Thats a major issue with carrier customized versions of Android, where it's now the carriers who are responsible for the updates. They're seldom a priority. There are lots of stories of android handsets that have become effectively obsolete way before their time because of carriers or manufacturers simply refusing to update the software for hardware that is still quite capable.

Your issue with updates breaking apps has to do with the forked natire of Android. Apps designed to run vanilla Android may or may not play nice with the carrier forked versions, leaving developers the bag to test their software across countless "flavors" of Android. Most don't because it's onerous, so you end up with those sorts of issues. However, by not updating you do miss it was on new features and as mentioned important security updates as a result.

Security (big one) and improved performance/features.

You still use Windows 2000?
Whatever, if you were truly concerned about security you'd get the BlackBerry Priv or new DTEK50.

BlackBerry is committed to their monthly security updates and all the regular Android updates just like the Nexus line. This is direct from Google and BlackBerry, not from the carriers

No other ph maker on the planet is as committed to security like BlackBerry is.

Sent from my Passport

Or just get a Nexus phone and deal with the best of the best- Google. Even blackberry finally conceded to this fact and ditched their pathetic software in favour of Android.

I am giving up on blackberry. Thinking of switching out from passport to this. I loved the passport, but it's getting buggier and with whatsapp not being supported no point. Blackberry really needs to do something no one is doing to get back on the radar.

Back
Top Bottom