2012 ninja 250R - no low beam | GTAMotorcycle.com

2012 ninja 250R - no low beam

EvilBeaver

Got new bulb, and checked the fuse - still no low beam. I'm thinking it might be the relay, but I can't find the damn relay box (its not under the front seat) - the service manual that I have is for a DFI Ninja 250R. Anybody knows where its located on the carb version of the bike?

Also, where in the GTA can i quickly get kawasaki parts, i.e. same or next day? Don't want to wait for 2 week online order, only to find out its the wrong part :eek:

Snow City Cycle has online parts lists.
You can identify the part, get a general idea of where its located and the part # for what you need.
You aren't likely to get it next day unless its something really simple or a 'known problem' and the dealer has the part on the shelf.
K11EX250JBFA54.gif

If high beam works, the problem does not involve any relay. The relays are in a power supply circuit that is common to low and high beam. The circuit only splits between low and high beam at the switch itself. The wiring then goes straight from there to the headlight plugs with a branch going to the instrument cluster for your high-beam indicator.

Could be the connection with the low beam. Check new bulb for continuity to see if bulb is OK. Next would be to check the wire connections for continuity and solid connection. Next is to check bulb holder to make sure it's not defective. Check the light switch connections as well.

The Ninja 250R's use H7 bulbs with adapters, so a extra thing to go wrong.

You can check voltage into the socket to ensure its being powered, if not trace it back into the harness until you find a fault and test swithc.

Simple enough to find this issue.

Back
Top Bottom