Low peace hand greeting a new thing. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Low peace hand greeting a new thing.

clyder

Hello everyone,

It's not a big thing but thought I'd ask anyway: I've been on the road more often this past week and notice a trend when seeing few fellow riders out there on the road they great me with that peace sign from the lower hand as I'm passing by them. Caught me of guard a few times as I notice after the fact or not fast enough to return the same courtesy. Is that a new thing or just the way riders (or some) are greeting each other? For those out I may have miss out on your courtesy, no offense ?.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That's been the most common wave as long as I can remember.

It's normal. I personally like to do a low peace sign myself so I don't look like a dweeb if I don't get any acknowledgement. Like today on the ride into work some fatass on a sportsbike did not return my low peace sign. If it had be a full blown wave, I would have been even more embarrassing.

*ps nothing against fat bikers. i was just incredulous that he did not acknowledge me.

I do a full on wave

NwrfjgE.gif

Funnies I ever saw was a guy on a scooter...diagonally across the intersection. Stands up on 2 feet at the red and shoots me a "Heil Hitler!".
I gave him a bid cruise ship wave and carried on in laughter.

Just lift a couple of fingers off the handlebar as you pass by, like the cool cruiser guys do.

Or don't wave at all, like the Harley guys. No chance of losing face then.

But then you'd feel like a dooche not waving back

Just lift a couple of fingers off the handlebar as you pass by, like the cool cruiser guys do.

That's about all I ever do now, when I'm not concentrating on traffic and the opposing rider bothers. I don't notice any brand bias when it comes to waving, so I just assume it's excited newer riders and respond. The guys who punch the air really need to calm down though, gonna throw themselves off-balance. Nods are fine too, though that's mainly to acknowledge friendly drivers.

I was confused by this when I first started riding. Thought it was some kinda "the finger" or something.
I do it when I see another rider almost all the time.

Some people wave back, some don't. Some people just don't see you.

Two fingers down (upside-down peace sign) represents two wheels on the road. It's a pretty universal bike-to-bike greeting. If someone doesn't greet back, they could be using their clutch at that moment or too unsteady to release one half of their grip on the bike.

Oh, yeah. Haven't had a "wave" thread in a while... ;-)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom