hello and recommended routes in the gta east/central | GTAMotorcycle.com

hello and recommended routes in the gta east/central

SVeezy

Hello all, I'm a newb here and to riding street (for the most part). Just recently got my M2 (not the first time lol, should have finished it many years ago instead of having to start over.) I've been riding bikes since I was big enough to climb up on to one, literally. I couldn't even touch the ground once I was on. So now that I have my M2 for a few months I'm looking for some local routes with some decent twisties to enjoy. I have been going up by the zoo for a while but need a change of scenery. I've also been looking forward to heading out to the west end (brampton, forks of the credit) as well as a few other spots I've looked into. My question is: What, if any, are some good routes more to the central/east parts of the GTA? I'm hoping for something to take a quick ride on the days where I don't have a lot of time but still able to get away from the straight lines, stop light to stop light. I did try the search function but didn't have much luck unfortunately so anyone with some patience for my question is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, if all goes correctly I should have attached a pic of my bike for those that are interested.
Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_1229 (1).JPG
    IMG_1229 (1).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 22
"good routes" and "around the GTA" don't really below in the same sentence (unless "are not" is placed between them).

"good routes" and "around the GTA" don't really below in the same sentence (unless "are not" is placed between them).

Kind of how I was thinking, hence the "if any". I know there are a few hidden gems out there though, albeit very short in length. Thanks for the link.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

GTA none, North in muskoka, east towards Otawa and South in Pennsylvania yes and all possible in one long day ride but not in the Gta

Also considering someone is likely to mention Twyn Rivers...I'd stay away from that one now, imo. Over the last few years the tree cover has gotten thicker, and it has gotten harder and harder to see through most turns. Combine that with cars going over the centre line, tons of pedestrians trying to cross, and the fact the road is around 1km long I'd say skip it to be safe.

Also the community at the top really dislikes 99% of us...I think they had the limits lowered plus I still remember years ago I got a letter from the police since someone said they saw my car/plate doing 60-65 in a 50...

Last edited:
That person must have a radar gun up their ***** - Amazing the human eye, it can determine speed within an accuracy of 5KM/HR.

Twin Rivers is really not a road that anyone would want to ride, it's more like a drive way, a hallway between the bathroom and the living room, life must be sad if that is a road a rider searches for unless you are trying to get to whites road without the 401 and kingston road traffic.

Look up port Perry and bobcageon on google maps.. Now figure out routes to them.. Check out some of the back roads. That would be a start. I have several loops I do depending on the time I have. P

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

If you make it to Quebec around Mont Tremblant, there are some awesome roads

I had an awesome ride into Montreal... Not sure exactly what the route I took was but I left from Ottawa and went bank road all the way to highway 2.. Highway 2 all the way through Cornwall and then all along the water through there.. It was amazing. If you've never done water street (Hwy 2) through Cornwall you have to do it. Then I let my gps take me through rural Quebec till I arrived in Montreal. I'd love to go to mount tremblant but I have to go back to work at some point lol

Hwy 15 -> Hwy 7 from kingston to Ottawa was nice too

Last edited:
That person must have a radar gun up their ***** - Amazing the human eye, it can determine speed within an accuracy of 5KM/HR.

Twin Rivers is really not a road that anyone would want to ride, it's more like a drive way, a hallway between the bathroom and the living room, life must be sad if that is a road a rider searches for unless you are trying to get to whites road without the 401 and kingston road traffic.

Apparently said radar gun also makes them always remember to think of the children...If you've been there in the last year or so, it looks like they have tried to narrow the road as you enter the subdivision (put some sort of lane divider in), plus I remember they installed poles at one point down the middle the road (those seem to be gone now). That whole area is so anti-car and anti-speeding it isn't funny.

Used to drive it a lot when I worked near Morningside and lived out past Oshawa...would gas up on Shepard then take it, and get on the 401 at Whites or Brock. Was in the area with the car a few weeks ago so decided to drive it again, and that's when I noticed the changes and increase foot traffic.

I had an awesome ride into Montreal... Not sure exactly what the route I took was but I left from Ottawa and went bank road all the way to highway 2.. Highway 2 all the way through Cornwall and then all along the water through there.. It was amazing. If you've never done water street (Hwy 2) through Cornwall you have to do it. Then I let my gps take me through rural Quebec till I arrived in Montreal. I'd love to go to mount tremblant but I have to go back to work at some point lol

Hwy 15 -> Hwy 7 from kingston to Ottawa was nice too
Yes I have done the water road around Cornwall, it's flat and straight but beautiful. I enjoyed that ride

If you ever around Montreal, take this route starting at Mont Trembland, its about a 6 hour ride with stops only for gas plus the time to get to Mont Trembland
Sorry no GPS file, I did this old school

Chemin duplessis towards dame a trivierge continue.
-Chemin duplessis becomes chemin du lac superieur
_ turn left on chemin le boule E
_right away make a left on chemin du nordet
-Make a right to 125
-make a left on 347
-continue 347 left on riviere noire
-left on 348
-left on 349
- it becomes 350 on sait paulin
-left on 351 (passing 351 right)
- left on chemin st francois towards mauricie national park
-take 55 south towards trois rivieres
-take 40 west towards montreal

Last edited:
Yes I have done the water road around Cornwall, it's flat and straight but beautiful. I enjoyed that ride

If you ever around Montreal, take this route starting at Mont Trembland, its about a 6 hour ride with stops only for gas plus the time to get to Mont Trembland
Sorry no GPS file, I did this old school

Chemin duplessis towards dame a trivierge continue.
-Chemin duplessis becomes chemin du lac superieur
_ turn left on chemin le boule E
_right away make a left on chemin du nordet
-Make a right to 125
-make a left on 347
-continue 347 left on riviere noire
-left on 348
-left on 349
- it becomes 350 on sait paulin
-left on 351 (passing 351 right)
- left on chemin st francois towards mauricie national park
-take 55 south towards trois rivieres