Changed The Battery For A New One Now The Damn Bike Won't Start | GTAMotorcycle.com

Changed The Battery For A New One Now The Damn Bike Won't Start

Pegassus

Site Supporter
My battery was weak and my bike was leaving me all over the place, got tired of it and bought a new battery, to replace the battery I had to lift the fuel tank and remove the air cleaner filter housing. I then put the new battery inside and put the air cleaner housing and fuel tank back on. Now the damn bike won't start. It started at first but would only idle and then would die when I try to rev it up. Then it just didn't start at all. Of course I have all the power I need with the new battery and it cranks but I don't want to screw up the starter motor.

What can it be? Did a fuel hose popped out when I lifted the tank? There are no puddles on the floor. I placed the filter the right way (I think).

Are the axles greased properly? j/k

Don't try to start it too many times or you'll drain and damage the new battery. If you had to lift or do anything with the fuel tank are you sure the fuel system is still working properly? If it was a battery charging issue then it should die at idle and be fine at higher revs.

The only time I've had similar was once on my 250 and once on my 650 where it started and died and wouldn't start again due to low batt. Charged the battery outside of the bike, reinstalled, and still wouldn't turn over. Had to bump/push start the bike, and once it coughed and fired it worked fine afterwards. Almost think somehow the engine flooded or the ECU got in a bad state somehow.

Hey Conundrum before you replied I went to Google and typed in "Motorcycle wont start" and came up with this link; http://powersports-blog.denniskirk.com/5821/motorcycle-2/steps-take-motorcycle-wont-start/

Even a 5-year-old could understand it, went down to the undergorund and lifted the gas tank again and bingo! There was a hose that just runs down into nothingness kinked under the tank. There was also another short fuel hose disconnected from the tank itself, I must have lifted the tank too high and it came off. Hooked it back in and my bike roared back to life like a lion ready to pounce LOL Thanks anyways!

What bike is it? Fuel injected? Carb - may have a vacuum line to the petcock.

Yes its carbed :(
Nothing wrong with that my friend. At least you'll never have an expensive fuel pump failure.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom