Guy shares lesson of his high speed t-bone crash | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guy shares lesson of his high speed t-bone crash

Love this comment on utube :

Also, calling someone doing a high-speed wheelie down a inner city street in rush hour A MISTAKE is tantamount to calling open heart surgery mildly inconvenient. lol

Wrong place, wrong time. 20% drivers fault 80% riders fault. He won't do that again.

Griff must be too busy fapping to this to post

If I may FLSTC - thanks for your valid points & your research on eyesight & Happycrappy & Connnundrum makes valid points and others do as well.

In today's economy and fast pace go go go I found that Riders are better drivers -- part reason for that is that for most of the riders out there for the most part stop for more than/longer than 3-4 seconds because they actually do one better than persons' whom solely drive, they do depth perceive, as they are forced to because they as individuals and riders experience more stupidity and close calls than sole drivers.

Interesting thought I think is when one is playing the video game frogger one has to depth perceive as you are at 90 degrees/perpendicular to the oncoming BEFORE you LEAP. Another thought is that with the Google cars and other similar equipped cars; is whether the engineers have a computer program which constantly calculates depth of objects approaching and their speed and what if the objects suddenly accelerates, will the Google car stop 1/2 way through a turn when the google car was perpendicular initially to the object - if this is so then I think the engineers formulas and programs are based on that element which most drivers do not consider at all which is can I leap as the object which is closing on me at a distance is slow & far away.

Strict liability driving/riding offences are based on the "reasonable person test" - what would a reasonable person had or should have done under the CIRCUMSTANCES, as the reasonable person is not an objective one for the most part; it is based on the circumstances of both drivers and riders imminent/immediately to the collision or nearly a collision - so I am sorry but in a perpendicular situation you do see them either when it is too late as you barely stopped or stopped only for 2 seconds and did not take enough time to depth perceive or you just an idiot driver and did a rolling stop. Seriously EASILY above 50% of sole drivers DO NOT KNOW how to come to a complete and PROPER STOP - so I am of the opinion that they do see you, come on a rider cannot be doing the speed of light I am sorry. Yes as others say you increase your chances of serious bodily harm or death as your speed increases - you are playing Russian roulette with 2- 3 -4 bullets in the chamber as your speed increases

Last edited:
This is what happens when you are moving faster than other drivers expect in traffic. People don't look far enough down the road to see outside of what they expect to see. Go with the flow ...

^ what he said ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another factor may have been the bike being obscured partially by the windshield pillar as he was nearing the car.

Another factor may have been the bike being obscured partially by the windshield pillar as he was nearing the car.

Or the inside rear-view mirror. I have a tall upper body, and the inside rear-view mirror is directly in my line of sight in many cars and creates a huge blind spot to the offside front. With mine, I obviously have it adjusted as high up as it will go, and I still have to duck down a little to see underneath it. With my last car, I replaced the mirror with an aftermarket one with the mount glued to the windshield higher up. That rendered it useless as a rear-view mirror but I'd rather see out front than what's behind. Might end up doing that with this one, too.

Never assume that other drivers can see you. Sometimes it's because they fail to look. Other times, it's because they actually can't.

I'm certainly not the only one with this issue.

That's a great point...my Ram with window visors was BRUTAL! I had to peek around it all the time at Hockley and Airport. Just the way the roads change curve and elevation at that point made it so easy for a vehicle to hide as you were coming from the west. Just lucky my first incident wasn't a near miss...but it was a learning experience.

And you wouldn't have seen any lights on the bike for a good 3s because he was doing a sick wheelie yo! Hard to judge the speed when you can't see the object for 100ft.

Back
Top Bottom