ZX14 insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

ZX14 insurance

woodgo

Buying a ZX14 to do some two-up with the wife again and while TD has given me great rates on supermoto insurance they have forgone the lube with the hypersport. I did find a much better rate somewhere else but wondered, since I'm shopping around, if there was a preferred place or broker that the gtam regulars had great customer service experience with.

For comparison sake:
-39 years old. Married
-Live in ottawa
-clean record and abstract
-have advanced training certifications
-only looking for liability

Thanks for any help......travis

If you are willing to move everything, All State gave me the best numbers on my bike (as well as car and condo).

thanks for the suggestion but All State wanted to more than double my car insurance in order to quote me the bike so no savings there for me.

TD is too expensive, the first two years they were ok, better than state farm (previous owner) but I checked with dejardins and they won't cover it so I'm looking too, pm your new company so I can get a quote, please & thank you.

Last edited:
Curious - how much did TD want for the ZX14?

I'm with TD meloche monnex, and they are charging me $1200-ish for full coverage, including accident forgiveness etc for my '15 R1. 36, married, GTA.

1200/yr for R1 ??! IMPOSSIBLE!!!! lmao! Wow! and Wow again!

Not sure if that's sarcasm, but sounds about right for riders over 30 and more than 6 years riding experience, my prices are around there with full coverage.
If you are under 6 years riding experience on a SS or over 1000CC sports bike, sports touring I no longer have a market :sad10::sad10:
When I had a market available the sports touring 1400cc was around $2000/year

Last edited:
No I was stupefied by how cheap it is for you. I'm quoted about $1200 for a pitiful 600cc (like Ninja 650). I don't have 6 yrs experience though...

Not sure if that's sarcasm, but sounds about right for riders over 30 and more than 6 years riding experience, my prices are around there with full coverage.
If you are under 6 years riding experience on a SS or over 1000CC sports bike, sports touring I no longer have a market :sad10::sad10:
When I had a market available the sports touring 1400cc was around $2000/year

Back
Top Bottom