CBR125 Initial Impressions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR125 Initial Impressions

You can get the irridium plug and up graded spark plug set up from Royal Distributing. Got the K&N from Flying Squirrel in TO. Counter shaft sprocket from Honda or site I provided. Clutch springs from site. Makes for a heavier pull but no big deal. No slippage. Everything is out there if you look. Hindle slipon mounted because the bike was too quite. No gain, just noise!

Last edited:
Another ride and a fill up today. 3.1 L / 100 km. Lots of highway and full throttle to keep up with traffic. I'm thinking that's pretty good and it will probably get even better with more riding, especially since I seem to be flogging it a little less to keep up recently. Top speed with a tuck and not drafting anyone is 110 km/hr. It seems to be able to cruise in 6th gear some of the time now which wasn't the case before.
The Honda dealer has ordered me a 14T sprocket for under $17 tax in and I ordered EBC heavy duty clutch springs from ebay. When they come, I'll have a look at what's in the oil screen and another change of synthetic oil.

My personal experience with air filter / exhaust mods is spending lots of money for more noise and maybe a little (or maybe not) more power.

Another ride and a fill up today. 3.1 L / 100 km.

That's pretty good mileage if it was averaged over a whole tank. My wifes Marauder 250 averaged about 3.5L/100K, her new Vstar is averaging 4.75 over 1000K now, my VTX averages 5.5 (which I consider pretty darned good for a 1300CC) over ~10,000K.

Certainly better than my car at 14.6L/100K but I guess I shouldn't complain for a nearly 400HP car LOL.

I test-rode a 959 Panigale yesterday, dash said 7.3l/100kms historical average. Damn.

OT, but I get a little bit better than that on my 899. Im averaging about mid 6L/100kms. According to the real time gauge, I should be able to get around 5L/100km on the highway if I ride it with that purpose. Im probably around 8L/100km around the city.

Back
Top Bottom