Slip on exhaust leak | GTAMotorcycle.com

Slip on exhaust leak

Ghostrider619

Hey guys I noticed leak from my slip on exhaust. Where slip on meets the headers and on the slip on itself. Will this have any negative effects on my motorcycle. I was thinking of buying silicone gasket maker to fix the leaks but didn't wanna spend $$ if it doesn't make any difference. Thanks.

Go get the silver high heat muffler tape from CTC.
Exhaust leaks aren't good and the rattling from loose connections can break stuff.

I'd leave it. I never had an exhaust that didn't leak. It will just be noisier & tune accordingly

I'd leave it. I never had an exhaust that didn't leak. It will just be noisier & tune accordingly

Too broke to get my bike tuned lol. I felt like my bike ran a bit hot, thought it was running lean because of a leaky slip on. But then idk how people run those short eBay GP pipe without messing up their engine.

Sealing it up couldn't hurt and might help. Stock systems don't leak.
There's a huge leak at the end of the pipe

Hmm... is it held together with rivets ?
You may be able to drill them out and re-rivet it back together.
Pics please.

...I'm pretty sure that was a joke ie: the exhaust outlet is the "leak"

If you have, or can borrow a drill and rivet gun you can take it apart.
Re-seal it with high temp and rivet back together. I've done this before and it works quite well.
You can take a dented can and fix it this way, also make sure not leaking when you re-seal it before riveting back together.

Hey at least it will have a nice backfire when O2 gets leaked in. The heat plus unburned fuel should give a nice pop

If your looking for an easy to get sealant from Canadian Tire or similar big box stores, If I remember correctly Permatex Ultra Copper is the highest heat rated silicone that Ive used for this

Maybe they have something new but for years it was the copper that was the highest heat rating
pACE-984936dt.jpg

However most exhaust slipons have an OEM gasket at the connection, those get beat up sometimes and leak. Id get a new gasket if that is the situation, before filling it up with a sealant like above...
This is a gasket from my bikes
33276d1427232626-2013-636-exhaust-options-.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom