Sidi Adventure Goretex | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sidi Adventure Goretex

triniboy27

After getting my feet soaked on my upstate NY trip earlier this month, I'm in the market for a pair of waterproof boots for touring. No plans for any off roading.

Anyone have experience with the Sidi Adventure Goretex or alternatives?

sidi_adventure_gore_main_zoom.jpg

I got a pair of Infinities on closeout when Oxtar changed their name to TCX. So that's something like 10 years ago, and they are still my favorite boot. As far as I know mine are still waterproof, although I haven't waded through any streams recently to prove it.

I noticed that TCX recently came out with an updated version which might interest you, or even the old version if you can find it on closeout. Both are real, official GoreTex branded.

Those are overkill if you're not off roading. I've been wearing Dianese TRQ Tour Gore Tex boots for a couple of years and I'm very happy with them. They might be a bit warm, like all GoreTex is, on super hot days but they've been totally waterproof when it counts. If you plan on touring I think those Sidis would be pretty incomfortable for day long wear.

I've been using these

http://www.gaerneusa.com/shop/balance-oiled-waterproof-trials-boot

happy until recently - one has a leak I think ...not sure - could have not been sealed at the top properly ....slimmer toe but still fine off road.

2522-013-500x500.jpg

Very comfy - taller boots ....better protection and the waterproofing is higher on your leg so easier to keep water from coming in at the top

Last edited:
I've had my BMW Allround's (made by TCX) for about thee years and a fair amount of mileage. Still in decent condition, and still waterproof.

I have had a pair of these for the last few years, and just like mbroyda have come back in pouring rain from the dragon, 2 full days and feet stayed dry,
absolutely love these boots, pretty pricey however comfortable to wear all day, walking in them is no problem and you'll stay dry all day long

My Icon Patrol are my go to for day to day and gravel runs. I have a pair of touring style boots but don't wear them much anymore.
8b08c32115b19ea9e210d82e42d8bec9.jpg

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If you're not off-roading look at the goretex TCX Airtech boots. Flows air pretty well for goretex, comfy and waterproof.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Came to the inevitable conclusion that the Adventure is too much boot for my needs so ordered the Armada.

sidi_armada_gore_tex_boots_black_zoom.jpg

I think you'll be happy with the armada, clunking around off bike with an adventure boot when you stop for a coffee is kind of silly

Likely a better choice. I'd stay well away from the ADV if you are not anticipating a high probability of impacts. Shifting in them is significantly worse and there is significant desensitization when compared to more street oriented boots. All of which equals less fun in general.

For offroad use, I have a pair of the GoreTex ADV's but always chose the Crossfires instead. The ADV's are beefy but I doubt they would have protected me as well as a full MX boot when isht hits the fan.

I wore a pair of Sidi Goretex Adventures to Alaska and back last year. Other than the squeek everyone talks about they are a killer set of boots.

Gaerne G Adventure. Comfortable all day, good for walking, keep my feet dry.

Another important point is they are not too bulky around the top. My pants can go over the boot, so rain won't run in.

2011-Gaerne-G-Adventure-Boots-Black.jpg

via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom