What ever happened to full sized watermelons? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What ever happened to full sized watermelons?

Its fruit and vegetable engineering, X number of melons fit in a pallet, they are all the same size, they are sold by the unit, not the pound. The farmer knows how many go in a truck, the grocer knows how many units to order. And nobody wants leftovers, you get a melon for a family of 4.
Its a brave new world.

Is it really the melons getting smaller or is it that your hands have gotten bigger? lol

Seriously though I remember when melons were HUGE (but I was a child).. so my perceptions could be off... also they always had seeds in them..

is it me or are the seedless one not as sweet?

Haven't seen really big melons in a while. Am I looking at the wrong sites????? ;)

is it me or are the seedless one not as sweet?

Haven't seen really big melons in a while. Am I looking at the wrong sites????? ;)

I've also wondered this before. It seems like generally fruits with seeds are sweeter than their seedless counterparts.

this might be an option....fit more

ob-to031_ss_wm_h_20120627212759.jpg

this might be an option....fit more

ob-to031_ss_wm_h_20120627212759.jpg
Wtf is that even about????

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Totally where I thought this was headed...

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'm growing watermelons in my backyard. I'm not sure of the variety; I just hope they have seeds.

Is it really the melons getting smaller or is it that your hands have gotten bigger? lol

Seriously though I remember when melons were HUGE (but I was a child).. so my perceptions could be off... also they always had seeds in them..

When I was in my teens I worked at the food terminal and they always had the big ones and occasionally extra huge ones.

We unloaded trailers of the things by hand tossing them a few feet each in a chain of guys, mostly Italian. I was getting pretty good at counting in Italian.

They all had seeds and tasted good. No seeds no spitting contests.

Damn millenials ruined watermelons too?

I find that larger fruits tend to be almost tasteless.
It's a crapshoot now, half of the melons are rotten.

Back
Top Bottom