Trail tours, horrible experience! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail tours, horrible experience!

Jbrizzy

So, I don't usually post negative reviews about things.. But this one really irked me and I have to get it off my chest.

For my birthday (July 17) my wife, a few friends and my 10 year old nephew had arranged with trail tours for a group dirt bike . The first time for all of us,as well as my birthday celebration(Trail tours knows this from the start) .
We had spoken to their representative numerous times via phone and email. Both myself and my wife.
The person told us the time was OK for set people
On Saturday July 16th between 3 -6 pm.

He asked us for deposit information. By this time it was Wednesday the 13th . We had tried calling them numerous times(Wednesday) and no one would pick up.

Thursday rolls by and we scramble our information together and when we call them up, the guy starts stuttering on the phone talking about how he can't do 3pm. So we offer to do it later to be accommodating about HIS time and he says OK let me get back to you(and in the background we could here a co worker saying 'I want them to cancel! I hope they cancel! '. Tried calling them back to give them the info and they ignored my calls. Then at 11:20pm, they sneakily sent an email saying that they have '59' people coming and can't fit me in but they can do Sunday. I respond back in literally 5 minutes and no response.

So Friday now, they email me saying they can't do Sunday and our deepest apologies. ?
I told them my nephew was excited because we had planned this for months! I was more excited for him because he actually showed interest in motorcycles just like his uncle AND it was my birthday. That's a big kick to the nuts.

I asked him how can they cater to 59 people but can't fit 6?

I asked him why he wasted my time and wasnt upfront from the beginning so that we could have at least booked with smart adventure tours or someone else?

I asked him if he would do anything to make up for the bad experience?

In any case he never responded just like usual.

I told him I was going to post about my bad experience.He left me scrambling up till the last day and I'll never forget that look of disappointment on my nephews face when I told him we weren't going(if you have kids you can understand) . So be warned, this has been my personal experience and my nephews.

Phew okay glad I got that off my chest. Ride safe my brothers.

PS if anyone can recommend any other trail /rental place we'd appreciate it. Want to do it asap.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Try Smart Adventures - formerly known as CMTS which is run by Clinton Smout. It's up near Horseshoe Valley. My wife and I went there many years ago and had a really good time. They are excellent teachers! http://www.smartadventures.ca/

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Try Smart Adventures - formerly known as CMTS which is run by Clinton Smout. It's up near Horseshoe Valley. My wife and I went there many years ago and had a really good time. They are excellent teachers! http://www.smartadventures.ca/

Are these the only two trail rentals? Or are they just the biggest/most popular? Yes I'm going to be booking with them. Once I'm done being on call for work. Guilty pleasure is.. I think I started watching some of his YouTube videos and ended up watching all ..lol

I was about to book something in Aug....now I have 2nd thoughts.

+1 for Smart Adventures. Was up there last month with my two kids & wifey (1st time dirt biking for them), was freaking awesome. Great instructors, trails, let you set the pace.

Clinton Smout for President!!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 385
If you were planning it for months, why did you try booking it on July 13th for July 17th (only 4 days before), unless I am reading something wrong.

A shame to read this. We just did it the following day from yours (Sunday 17th) and they were more than accommodating in every way. Instructors for every level of riding. Willing to let you really push yourself (safely of course) and have a blast. Our group had everything from an advanced MX rider to a first time rider.
Of course, we booked months in advance so no issues with schedule as well.

Personally, booked it weeks in advance, had no issues.

Sucks that you had a bad experience cause once you're there and riding the bikes, the instructors and staff are real nice and patient.

Oh well...i guess i'll know to definitely book same week with them

If you were planning it for months, why did you try booking it on July 13th for July 17th (only 4 days before), unless I am reading something wrong.

It took a month to figure out 6 out of 43 invited were going. Then we had to pick one out of the two based on location and convenience. Based on those numbers we went forward with trying to book at set location.
The reason it came up to the 13th of July is because of all their delayed responses. We made every effort to do it before the 13th.. Our initial phone conversation was from the 4th July(they had even said they still have space) .
You try calling someone everyday and emailing to no avail(we thought maybe they are on the field most of the time).
I am cheesed because the whole delay on booking was on their part. Otherwise we would have been able to change our booking with someone else who wasn't going to lead us on.

I've heard nothing but good things about trail tours. They have fantastic reviews online. The people who run it, are passionate motorcycle enthusiasts, and are very knowledgeable. I'm not entirely sure how they run their bookings, but it sounds to me like you tried to scramble last minute to get booked, and they simple failed to accommodate you last minute. Likely if you had of payed a deposit well in advance, you'd be another satisfied trail tours user. Scrambling last minute, usually ends in disappointment.

I've heard nothing but good things about trail tours. They have fantastic reviews online. The people who run it, are passionate motorcycle enthusiasts, and are very knowledgeable. I'm not entirely sure how they run their bookings, but it sounds to me like you tried to scramble last minute to get booked, and they simple failed to accommodate you last minute. Likely if you had of payed a deposit well in advance, you'd be another satisfied trail tours user. Scrambling last minute, usually ends in disappointment.

Two weeks+ notice is hardly short.. That's pretty standard for almost everything. While I'm sure you guys had great experiences, mine was definitely not so. Once again, we were left scrambling at the end because of the lack of communication on their part. If I had gone there 3days before and just demanded, I would be unreasonable. But I am a fair person and such was not the case. Maybe it's a million to one chance of this happening? Who knows. But it's okay, it's over and done with and I have learned better. What I don't appreciate was the Idgaf attitude in which they made no attempt for recourse. That's not a good customer service model.

Two weeks+ notice is hardly short.. That's pretty standard for almost everything. While I'm sure you guys had great experiences, mine was definitely not so. Once again, we were left scrambling at the end because of the lack of communication on their part. If I had gone there 3days before and just demanded, I would be unreasonable. But I am a fair person and such was not the case. Maybe it's a million to one chance of this happening? Who knows. But it's okay, it's over and done with and I have learned better. What I don't appreciate was the Idgaf attitude in which they made no attempt for recourse. That's not a good customer service model.

To be clear, I've never been there, or have any affiliation with them what so ever. I just know they're very highly regarded.

I think had you paid your deposit 2 weeks in advance, there likely wouldn't be an issue. By your own account, you were scrambling last minute to get your information to them. Whether their fault or your own, it's a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they clear it up for you somehow.

I think i remember now, they used to have a pretty awesome online booking system before and that's what i'd used (not talked to anyone over the phone)
They've changed it since from what i can see :(

So I booked with smart Adventures today just now. It was so easy, just called and spoke with Ian. All set to go this Saturday with my nephew and my friends and we are all looking forward to having fun and seeing what dirt biking is all about. Way better service in my opinion already.
+1 smart adventure tours

Last edited:
Just to add my comments to this thread...

Been using Trial Tours annually for about 6 years now. We have a group thats grown in size each time and each time we have a better experience. The first time we booked, we used an online system. The remainder of the times I sent emails about the group size and peoples names/ experience. Now, I remember reading here or elsewhere that they book up fast. We go in Sept/Oct, but put in a tentative booking every spring when they open up, that way my friends etc can get it in their calendar and be organised.

Now, having said all that, there is a lack of immediate communication with the group there. Ive deal with Steve in the past (owner?) and hes been great but emails/calls may not be returned for a few days between. Because we book from way out, time has not been an issue.
The past 2 years another person in our group takes it on them to organise the day, so I dont know how things have gone. But I do know, its hard to get a booking there is it fills up fast.

Enjoy your day out with your nephew, I know its heartbreaking having to disappoint kids, .

My two cents: last year with Smart, took my 11-year old and had the best day on two wheels. Went out and chose a dirt bike right after. This year Trail Tours through ODSC--another terrific day out. Trail Tours were very knowledgeable, had plenty of staff and a well-planned day, and I learnt a lot. I'm sorry your nephew lost out but it does sound like and admin/communication screw-up so while I understand your disappointment it doesn't seem to be typical of Trail Tours. I really would give them another shot at some point.

Jbrizzy, are you the guy I talked to at Riverdale Park on Broadview Ave in front of my WR250x? That sucks about your experience.

Back
Top Bottom