New Here _ Lost Clothing Item Near Lindsay, Ontario_Help | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Here _ Lost Clothing Item Near Lindsay, Ontario_Help

gharbjr

All:

George here in Virginia, US. Just got home from a trip to Minden area with wife this past Sunday. 5 day touring Ontario. Left Minden on 35 South to 401 and and I think I left my Triumph textile Black Jacket I think near Lindsay and before I got on the 401. Black with Triumph White letters on back, left breast pocket and logo on left arm. Present from my kids in 2002. Will pay a reward if anyone sees or finds the jacket or hears of anyone that finds it now or in the future. Lots of memories attached to this. Thanks in advance for letting me post here. Email me with any new. One rider to others here. Any assist would be appreciated.

George Harbour
gharbourjr@gmail.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0009 copy.jpg
    100_0009 copy.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 136
That sucks, hope you find it. I'd post a lost notice on Kijiji.ca in the relevant areas - Peterborugh, Kawarthas, Oshawa/Durham as well as the Muskoka boards. I know you're probably more familiar with Craigslist but here in Canada Kijiji is far more popular.

If someone found it and was looking online for it's owner I'd say the odds are good they'd look on Kijiji.

There's also a Facebook group called "Motorcycle Garage Sale Ontario" which has a good following - might be worth joining and posting a notice in there as well.

Where exactly do you think you left it?

That sucks, hope you find it. I'd post a lost notice on Kijiji.ca in the relevant areas - Peterborugh, Kawarthas, Oshawa/Durham as well as the Muskoka boards. I know you're probably more familiar with Craigslist but here in Canada Kijiji is far more popular.

If someone found it and was looking online for it's owner I'd say the odds are good they'd look on Kijiji.

There's also a Facebook group called "Motorcycle Garage Sale Ontario" which has a good following - might be worth joining and posting a notice in there as well.

Where exactly do you think you left it?

We stopped in Lindsay to check directions and I had it on there. My wife says we were on 35/115 and stopped for fuel and I looked at at map and the only town of any size is Orono.

I know I did not have it on 401 for sure....To damn hot by then. Thanks for the Kijiji option.

I used to drive that stretch of road on a regular basis. Fuel options, assuming you didn't get off the highway and go into town (I don't think there's fuel anywhere in Orono for that matter) are either the RaceTrac on Highway 35 just before it merges with the 115, Esso on the 115 (a little bit seedy at the bottom of the big hill), and lastly Petro Canada just past the Esso, also a bit of a truckstop and there's a Tim Hortons there as well.

Click on the links and see if you can remember what one it might have been. I have several coworkers who pass those on a daily basis and if you can find exactly what one you might have left it at I can get them to stop in and see if someone turned it in at the location itself.

@PrivatePilot to the rescue!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply....While setting here thinking about that day I remember getting off of an expressway type of road in a congested type of area. May have been shortly after I got on 401. Very congested exit. Got off to the left and then crossed back OVER the expressway a couple of blocks to find fuel. Thanks for the replies to my post. We did comment that everyone we meet north of the border was very friendly and helpful. Of course we paid cash so that we would not have to stop at the border to do an exchange. Sucks.....Later...

George Harbour
Lynchburg, VA, USA
gharbourjr@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply....While setting here thinking about that day I remember getting off of an expressway type of road in a congested type of area. May have been shortly after I got on 401. Very congested exit. Got off to the left and then crossed back OVER the expressway a couple of blocks to find fuel. Thanks for the replies to my post. We did comment that everyone we meet north of the border was very friendly and helpful. Of course we paid cash so that we would not have to stop at the border to do an exchange. Sucks.....Later...

The bottom of the 35/115 is where I live, basically - did you head east or west when you got on the 401?

I'll be traveling the east stretch out as far as Colborne/Brighton/Trenton in a few hours so if you can figure out exactly where you got off I can stop and have a looksee.

OK...I have spend the last two evenings searching Google Maps.....I found the Petro-Canada location that I took the jacket off at...Address: 1002 Simcoe St S, Oshawa, ON L1H 4L3, Canada Google Street View confirmed that this was the location. I called and asked and no jacket turned in. It may have com off the trailer that I pull behind my Yamaha Royal Star Venture. I remember laying it on the fender and it must have come off when we pulled back onto Simcoe Street head back towards route 401... I crossed over 401 and made a left to enter 401 towards Toronto.....
George in Virginia...

It's not that far out of my way on route to work for me to drive that stretch of road and see if I spot anything. Unfortunately not too far west of that gas station is a pretty seedy area, and the area north to the 401 is not much better – I don't think anything of value that landed on the road would last very long. Might have more luck looking in a pawnshop than anything else, honestly. I could see about stopping by the most common one in town as well

It's not that far out of my way on route to work for me to drive that stretch of road and see if I spot anything. Unfortunately not too far west of that gas station is a pretty seedy area, and the area north to the 401 is not much better – I don't think anything of value that landed on the road would last very long. Might have more luck looking in a pawnshop than anything else, honestly. I could see about stopping by the most common one in town as well

Interesting you should say Pawn Shop....Just a block or so down from the Petro is a Pawn Shop on the right side of the street. Cash A Roo Pawn Brokers... [FONT=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8705882352941177)]853 Simcoe St S, Oshawa, ON L1H 4K8, Canada Going to try and give them a call tomorrow. If it came of the trailer fender after we pulled out and were on the Street, it History. Maybe the Pawn Broker know about it. We will see tomorrow. Again, thanks for the interest and post. You guys rock for sure.

George in Virginia...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom