Bogie on the long weekend? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bogie on the long weekend?

meme

Site Supporter
Thinking about going up this weekend, riding sun/mon.

Anyone else coming out to play with Pro6?

I'd love to ride Tuesday but some idiot put me in charge for the week so gotta be back.

Arseholio if you are reading this...Wtf?

If there's still room I may register for mon/tues with a couple fellas.

Pretty sure there is room.

Last time there was a "feeler" day as I oopsied at CTMT, but within first session clutch kaked. Hopefully these days won't be as expensive, between 2 days and 3 paid for I did about 20 laps.

Our passions cost a lot! I have tires for the season now though. (sideways grin, grr)

I don't book days anymore i just show up and pay for the day, my plan is leaving on Monday and do the Tues.
See you guys up there:cool:.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there is room.

Last time there was a "feeler" day as I oopsied at CTMT, but within first session clutch kaked. Hopefully these days won't be as expensive, between 2 days and 3 paid for I did about 20 laps.

Our passions cost a lot! I have tires for the season now though. (sideways grin, grr)

My luck so far hasn't been very good in 3 days paid i manage to do only 2 laps!! Two days bad weather, and one day weather wise it was great but the bike broke down at the first session after two laps:mad:! Now it's all fixed.. i have a feeling my bike she's rubbing right now.lol

Last edited:
For the commitment of Calabogie I have spare wheels with rain tires. Wet traction there is excellent.

For the commitment of Calabogie I have spare wheels with rain tires. Wet traction there is excellent.
You never know with bogie reminds me of Mosport..unpredictable! For good luck bring your spare wheels so won't rain.lol

This is a bit unrelated to this thread, but many regions have 'that organization' that has less instructors and less fat built into its track days where the track day fees are in the 100-150 range rather than 200+; for people not looking for babysitting or instruction what is the best organization to go to in Ont?

Track is always a "pay to play" thing but usually within the scope of many different organizations there are standouts that have a thinner/simpler business model.

Edit:

"Pro 6 Cycle operates trackdays at multiple venues throughout the summer. As the exclusive provider of trackdays at Calabogie Motorsports Park, we are proud to bring you one of the best riding environments in Canada."

K nevermind, this track is kinda like Seca, I can see what's up now.

My question still stands for other tracks

Last edited:
Pro6 doesn't provide free instruction. Instructors are provided for first timers at the track for a fee of $30 (unless something has changed recently). It sounds like you're trying to say they have a monopoly on Calabogie and therefore are charging more than they need to. I've had frank discussions with Pro6 employees and from what I was told, for the season they're happy if they break even on track days.

Pro6 doesn't provide free instruction. Instructors are provided for first timers at the track for a fee of $30 (unless something has changed recently). It sounds like you're trying to say they have a monopoly on Calabogie and therefore are charging more than they need to. I've had frank discussions with Pro6 employees and from what I was told, for the season they're happy if they break even on track days.

nah once I saw they have exclusive on that track instead of excessive their prices became reasonable - it's one of those tracks...the fees and insurance for the weekend are probably like 10k and then whatever you have to pay the ambulance guys to hang out.

some municipalities even have by-laws on the books you have to use their guys for events.

Edit: just to clarify when I say "one of those" (real concise I know) I mean a more popular larger kind of track where they have events for large sanctioned racing bodies not just amateur stuff - they're going to want more than a place like the now defunct Dunville Autodrome would.

Last edited:
$10k per day, not per weekend. That quote from their site must be outdated. They are not exclusive. DOCC has a weekend there. Definitely Calabogie and Mosport you have no choice on marshals. Their team is the only option. That makes me happy because you don't get hired teenagers who are playing Go instead of watching the track. :p

To directly answer your question, the least expensive track days I've found are those hosted by the track themselves. Shannonville and Grand Bend Raceway host their own days for a good price. TMP hosts their own days too but they aren't cheap.

Ill be there for Monday & tuesday with teal and a couple others. Black and white 05 gixxer #66.

I'll be up there Saturday and Sunday for the first time in a couple years. I'll be rolling around in red group hoping I remember where to apex on temptation. White ZX6R, #878

Looks like a great, great day for a.......(insert accent here).

See y'all up there!

It was a great 2 days and sorry I was there Sunday and Monday . Good to see you again Meme and doozerdave. Teal turned some pretty good times out there. Wish my bike had been running good . Some electrical bug messed me up for most of the day Monday. Gotta get it out before Mosport Aug. 15-16

Back
Top Bottom