Cbr 250rr!!!!!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr 250rr!!!!!!

If Honda prices this significantly higher than the KTM it will be suicidal.

It would not be the first time ... I just cannot see paying more for less ... 44HP vs 38HP, and 26 vs 16.26 torque with roughly the same wet weight ... that's 15% in HP difference, quite a bit for a small bike. It better cost less than RC.

I would loooooove to race this new 250RR on my CBR300R. To me it seems like a wasted development. Why not emulate the older 250rr with 4 cylinders and 20k redline? I just don't see the point of this. To be honest I would prefer my 300 or an R3 or even the KTM (lets assume I get a "good" one with decent reliability). It will be interesting to see how long this model lasts, and if it ends up taking out the 300. IMO I think the majority of people wanting a small CC bike are new riders, and they will naturally choose 300 over 250 just because of the number.

This seems like a niche bike for those wanting to be nostalgic but modern at the same time.

For the bazillionth time, a 4 cylinder engine would cost too much. It's no less expensive to build a 4 cylinder 250cc than it is to build a 4 cylinder 1000cc. The parts count is the same. Sure, the 250 engine will be lighter so the materials cost is theoretically less - but the cost of the materials is trivial compared to the cost of engineering, tooling, machining, and assembly, and those are more a function of the parts count.

People complained that the CBR250/CBR300 was just a single cylinder compared to the Kawasaki (and now Yamaha) twin ... Honda had to respond. So a twin it is.

And we don't know whether this will replace the CBR300 in the lineup. I have a funny feeling that the naked/adv versions of the single-cylinder 300 will stay as is but the CBR version will go away and be replaced with this. And it could very well end up with a displacement bump for the North American market given that Kawasaki and Yamaha have both done that.

For the bazillionth time, a 4 cylinder engine would cost too much. It's no less expensive to build a 4 cylinder 250cc than it is to build a 4 cylinder 1000cc. The parts count is the same. Sure, the 250 engine will be lighter so the materials cost is theoretically less - but the cost of the materials is trivial compared to the cost of engineering, tooling, machining, and assembly, and those are more a function of the parts count.

People complained that the CBR250/CBR300 was just a single cylinder compared to the Kawasaki (and now Yamaha) twin ... Honda had to respond. So a twin it is.

And we don't know whether this will replace the CBR300 in the lineup. I have a funny feeling that the naked/adv versions of the single-cylinder 300 will stay as is but the CBR version will go away and be replaced with this. And it could very well end up with a displacement bump for the North American market given that Kawasaki and Yamaha have both done that.

Does the CBR300 (single) share a motor with anything else?

I would loooooove to race this new 250RR on my CBR300R. To me it seems like a wasted development. Why not emulate the older 250rr with 4 cylinders and 20k redline? I just don't see the point of this. To be honest I would prefer my 300 or an R3 or even the KTM (lets assume I get a "good" one with decent reliability). It will be interesting to see how long this model lasts, and if it ends up taking out the 300. IMO I think the majority of people wanting a small CC bike are new riders, and they will naturally choose 300 over 250 just because of the number.

This seems like a niche bike for those wanting to be nostalgic but modern at the same time.

hold your bladder..there are already rumors of a 350cc version in the pipeline for us grain fed north americans

hold your bladder..there are already rumors of a 350cc version in the pipeline for us grain fed north americans

200.gif

awesome! getting closer to a 400cc

But there's already the 471cc CBR500 lineup. I honestly don't know what Honda product planners are thinking these days...

cbr500 to this bike is like comparing a vfr800 to a cbr600rr.

cbr500 to this bike is like comparing a vfr800 to a cbr600rr.
More like comparing a 650f to a 600RR or 650R to ZX6R IMO but your point is the same. Seems lots of people don't get it, though.

I don't really get where Honda is going. They added the CBR250R got rid of that and replaced it with the CBR300R (it actually makes sense to do this because Yamaha and Kawasaki do the same by releasing a 300 class). But Honda is the only one phasing out the CBR600RR and releasing the CBR250RR. I'm confused but at the same time intrigued at where this is going.

Love the look of the bike, Honda has finally up'ed their game with the sharp body work. They've been pushing out ugly looking bikes the past few years, but this one has redeemed their brand. Same goes for their cars, they really stepped up their aesthetics game.

It does look amazing. I wish that I had choices like this back when I started riding back in 2000.

Insurance companies are going to take a giant **** when they see this bike 250 or not.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom