Cbr 250rr!!!!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr 250rr!!!!!!

yawn!

just make a good 400cc bike since they killed off the 600rr

good luck on getting an i4 400cc as Brian P said it costs the same to make an i4 400cc as it does a 600cc which is close to a 1000cc

Looks good .. .but it will be all about how much and what specs does it buy me.

Looks like for the most part. But I don't understand... will this have a place with the CBR300? Yea RR but really... are they replacing the CBR300?

Looks like for the most part. But I don't understand... will this have a place with the CBR300? Yea RR but really... are they replacing the CBR300?

They might have designed it to easily scale up to 300. 250cc is a magic number for some markets. Otherwise, this seems like a very straightforward replacement for a CBR300

I sort of like it, but I'm still having trouble understanding the place of this bike. Was commenting to friends on Facebook earlier today about it -- Given this one has some premium features like USD forks and Honda Pro-Link suspension, what exactly is the price point of this bike, and how does it fit in with the 300? I can't see them replacing the 300 platform with it, and I also can't see it costing anywhere near the same as other 250-300 bikes out today.

Granted it should kill in the 250 class for racing, how many people would walk in off the street and buy it, likely for thousands more than a R3 or 300R? Especially given numbers drive sales, and 250 < 300 for Joe Blow new rider. Not to mention with the marketing hype calling it a supersport, I'm sure insurance companies will hop on that bandwagon as well.

End of the day, at least here, it wouldn't surprise me if this lists with a MSRP around the $8,000 or more mark, with insurance being only a few hundred a year less than a 600cc supersport. Can't see them moving many if either of those end up being true.

Also the article is a little off when it states:

The CBR 250RR will be manufactured in the company’s biggest market, Indonesia, making it the largest displacement Honda motorcycle to be manufactured in the country.

Considering the current 300 series, the 500 series and the CBR650F are all made there, the new 250 definitely wouldn't be the largest displacement bike made outside their Japanese factories.

Also the article is a little off when it states:

Considering the current 300 series, the 500 series and the CBR650F are all made there, the new 250 definitely wouldn't be the largest displacement bike made outside their Japanese factories.
I know the 500 series is thailand not indonesia...

so maybe the other ones you mentioned might also be thailand?

edit:
[h=4]Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd.[/h]ActivitiesManufacture motorcycles and power productsEstablished1965/4AddressBangkok
Start of productionProduction CapacityMajor production models
Motorcycles: 1967/51,7 million units/yearWave110i/125i, Wave110i AT, Click, Scoopy, CBR150R, PCX, CBR250R, CB500, CB650 series, MSX, Moove
Power Products: 1987/2Products: 200,000 units/year
ENG 3 million units/year
GX small/mid/large, Pumps, Trimmers

Last edited:
I sort of like it, but I'm still having trouble understanding the place of this bike. Was commenting to friends on Facebook earlier today about it -- Given this one has some premium features like USD forks and Honda Pro-Link suspension, what exactly is the price point of this bike, and how does it fit in with the 300? I can't see them replacing the 300 platform with it, and I also can't see it costing anywhere near the same as other 250-300 bikes out today.

Granted it should kill in the 250 class for racing, how many people would walk in off the street and buy it, likely for thousands more than a R3 or 300R? Especially given numbers drive sales, and 250 < 300 for Joe Blow new rider. Not to mention with the marketing hype calling it a supersport, I'm sure insurance companies will hop on that bandwagon as well.

End of the day, at least here, it wouldn't surprise me if this lists with a MSRP around the $8,000 or more mark, with insurance being only a few hundred a year less than a 600cc supersport. Can't see them moving many if either of those end up being true.

Cheap USD forks have been around for a while now. Case in point - Hyosung GT250. And Pro-Link is just Honda marketing speak for having a linkage mounted rear shock, an amazing technology that is only 30 years old now. There isn't really anything premium on it

I like it. reliable, light, and cheap. don't think it will really be much better performance wise than the earlier cbr250's. as others have said it is primarily meant for other markets. I've been looking at r3's and ktm's rc390 for a potential racebike. the small bike racing classes here in ontario lump the 250's in with the 300-390 bikes so there isn't much point in me considering a 250. and the r3 and rc390 both have reliability/quality issues if you check the forums. the ninja 300 is more reliable but getting dated. If there was a 250 class to race in i would go with a 250 and bump up to race the 300's too. unfortunately the 250's just aren't popular enough for there own racing class here. too bad.

i'm hoping and waiting for suzuki to come out with a 350 twin sportbike....made in japan.

Last edited:
Looks really nice apart from the pipe, nothing that an aftermarket slip on won't fix.

North American motorcycle sales are a rounding error when it comes to global sales and are steadily dropping. It's designed to meet licensing laws and actuary tables for other countries, I would be surprised if all 250 and 300 sales combined get above 1000 units a year in canada

Looks like a farkled out Ninja 300 :confused:

Doesn't say the power output. surely not enough to require 3 power mods LOL

Last edited:
Cheap USD forks have been around for a while now. Case in point - Hyosung GT250. And Pro-Link is just Honda marketing speak for having a linkage mounted rear shock, an amazing technology that is only 30 years old now. There isn't really anything premium on it

And it's amazing the Honda cult members will think oh wow, new technology.

Single front disk and caliper; welded steel tubular frame are visible in the photos. Inverted forks aren't appreciably more expensive to manufacture ... the valving can be, but I doubt if these will have full adjustment as found on the bigger sport bikes. ProLink just means the shock is actuated through a linkage as mentioned above. The existing CBR250/CBR300 already has this. Bike has ABS (the trigger wheel is visible) - this is mandatory in Europe.

The parts count for a parallel twin is higher than for a single, but not near that of a 4 cylinder.

The "level of sophistication" here is on par with the Ninja 300 ABS and the KTM RC390 (which is available in smaller-displacement versions for other markets that have different licensing restrictions). Pricing should be in the same range. I see no reason why this would cost appreciably more than either one of those. Yamaha cheated with the R3 in our market by omitting the ABS. If it were not for that, it would also be in the same range.

Fly-by-wire throttle is not expensive to do nowadays.

I've heard suggestions that this bike will make around 44 hp (limit for its European licensing class). If that's the case, that's more than a Ninja 300 and on par with the KTM RC390. That's about the same power as the old 4 cylinder high revving 250cc engines made. It's the same as what the CBR500 makes (licensing class limit ...) but that engine makes sense in an adventure or naked bike but not in a sport bike.

Don't forget that the Ninja 250 was historically Kawasaki's biggest selling model and I don't think anything else has unseated it.

250 and RR in the same model designation ought to be interesting when it comes time to find out the insurance since anything "R" (much less the feared "RR") seems to automatically mean $$$ to insure?

At 44 HP it's hardly much to worry about, but it seems the letter R scares them.

250 and RR in the same model designation ought to be interesting when it comes time to find out the insurance since anything "R" (much less the feared "RR") seems to automatically mean $$$ to insure?

At 44 HP it's hardly much to worry about, but it seems the letter R scares them.

R does not scare them.
R is good for them.
R=M
M=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know the 500 series is thailand not indonesia...

so maybe the other ones you mentioned might also be thailand?

edit:
Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd.

ActivitiesManufacture motorcycles and power productsEstablished1965/4AddressBangkok

Start of productionProduction CapacityMajor production models
Motorcycles: 1967/51,7 million units/yearWave110i/125i, Wave110i AT, Click, Scoopy, CBR150R, PCX, CBR250R, CB500, CB650 series, MSX, Moove
Power Products: 1987/2Products: 200,000 units/year
ENG 3 million units/year
GX small/mid/large, Pumps, Trimmers

Brainfart....my bad and you are right...the ones I mentioned are made in Thailand, with a few being made in India as well but only for the domestic market there.

I was thinking the same thing too, and sort of glad I got rid of mine, lol. Hard enough dealing with agents as it is with my CBR650F....at least half of them almost cut you off when they hear CBR6xx and say no supersports, so I have to give them the VIN.

Back
Top Bottom