Supersports Rider Killed In Horrific Head-On Crash (Video) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supersports Rider Killed In Horrific Head-On Crash (Video)

Never seen a "supersport" with a rear top box :confused:

Anyway, looks like the car that came into his lane was rear ended; when it's your time...

Yep, the lack of proper road design and deficit of traffic rules

Huh? this is not the fault of the road design. the biker was riding so fast it has to be considered dangerous driving. Neither the car or biker had a chance. the road is clearly not designed for racing. want to go fast, go to the track.

the same could have happened on dixie rd in mississauga - just ride up and down dixie rd weaving through traffic on a busy afternoon.... at 110-120 km/hr. you'll be dead in no time, centre curbed median or not. when your riding that fast a vehicle can start the turn, and one second later your 350 feet closer....travelling at high speed...simple stupidity. RIP rider.

Last edited:
I don't know but I think I could have avoided that, it seems the sliding car gave him enough chance to swerve. This is why I never ride in the left-hand lane with opposing traffic coming the other way.

-
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ad_1469431260

+1 the rider went into the far left lane just before impact, if he had stayed in the centre lane he would have had a chance.

Huh? this is not the fault of the road design. the biker was riding so fast it has to be considered dangerous driving. Neither the car or biker had a chance. the road is clearly not designed for racing. want to go fast, go to the track.

the same could have happened on dixie rd in mississauga - just ride up and down dixie rd weaving through traffic on a busy afternoon.... at 110-120 km/hr. you'll be dead in no time.

Indicated speed of the camera car was 84, no way that guy was going faster than 110. Spare us the rhetoric as this had nothing to do with "racing".

If he'd been travelling at 80 but 1 second up the road; dead. If he'd been travelling in the center lane and the rear ended car was pushed a little further across the road; dead...

.... if if if. The stars aligned and this guy's gone. Could happen to anyone.

Indicated speed of the camera car was 84, no way that guy was going faster than 110. Spare us the rhetoric as this had nothing to do with "racing".

If he'd been travelling at 80 but 1 second up the road; dead. If he'd been travelling in the center lane and the rear ended car was pushed a little further across the road; dead...

.... if if if. The stars aligned and this guy's gone. Could happen to anyone.

that bike was PULLING away real fast - so your saying that biker wasn't going 26km/hr faster than cam car? lmao. +40 or more is easily a better estimate..."could happen to anyone" ? speak for yourself, because I would never ride like that. look at the car damage, did you take physics 101? and I said "dangerous driving"-not racing. his riding was clearly indefensible.

Last edited:

the same could have happened on dixie rd in mississauga - just ride up and down dixie rd weaving through traffic on a busy afternoon.... at 110-120 km/hr. you'll be dead in no time, centre curbed median or not. when your riding that fast a vehicle can start the turn, and one second later your 350 feet closer....travelling at high speed...simple stupidity. RIP rider.

that bike was PULLING away real fast - so your saying that biker wasn't going 26km/hr faster than cam car? lmao. +40 or more is easily a better estimate..."could happen to anyone" ? speak for yourself, because I would never ride like that. look at the car damage, did you take physics 101? and I said "dangerous driving"-not racing. his riding was clearly indefensible.

Actually you said both :rolleyes:

as for physics; damage; you estimates and whatever else you want to ramble on about, here's a 60mph head on (that's 100kph right?)

[video=youtube;mOFY2kT5LqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFY2kT5LqA[/video]

wrong again - I said the road is clearly not designed for racing - and you disagree?
if you know someone who rides like that the best thing you could do for him is to direct him to a racetrack.
nuff said, the video speaks clearly.

Actually you said both :rolleyes:

as for physics; damage; you estimates and whatever else you want to ramble on about, here's a 60mph head on (that's 100kph right?)

[video=youtube;mOFY2kT5LqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFY2kT5LqA[/video]

um, you realy should take physics 101. this is 60 mph times two (they are heading towards each other, each at 60mph). not to mention the difference in mass between car and bike. bait someone else I haven't the time to explain the obvious to you.

I have to disagree on this as Dixie has middle left turn lane, therefore making it safer to turn and more time for oncoming traffic to react, traffic lights every 300m makes a difference too.

um, you realy should take physics 101. this is 60 mph times two (they are heading towards each other, each at 60mph). not to mention the difference in mass between car and bike. bait someone else I haven't the time to explain the obvious to you.

Did that biker hit a stationary object all of a sudden :confused:

You clearly "haven't the time"... to have a think about what it is you're actually saying. Like I said, guy was likely doing 110, the least important factor in a situation like this. 20kph less; he misses, conversely 20kph more; he misses. As it were, wrong place wrong time.

Ride along right at the limit, curb lane only, blah blah blah and pretend that this couldn't be you if you want... maybe you come across angry goose

i agree with you, dixie is a better designed road. My point was that if you ride at a high speed in traffic, with oncoming left turn lanes, regardless of road design - you are risking your life.

I think everyone is missing the part where the car that came into this guys lane was rear ended at speed, not turning left.

Never seen a "supersport" with a rear top box :confused:

Anyway, looks like the car that came into his lane was rear ended; when it's your time...

In Europe and Downunder, where riding is not a "sport" as much, but a more of a means of transport , top boxs are common on All bikes...

crheOiOz.jpg

159705_491885.jpg

Back
Top Bottom