08 Ninja 250r Left Passenger Foot Peg Stolen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

08 Ninja 250r Left Passenger Foot Peg Stolen?

RockThis52

Today was lubing my chain when I noticed the left passenger Peg set is missing.

Could it have fell off while riding? It's attached using two bolts.

I was thinking it might have been stolen but why on earth would someone steal just the left side and what would they even do with it lol.

Anyways probably going to get a new one, can't really find where to buy them from though. Any suggestions?

f13aa3173cde0437a1ead510957785a4.jpg

Strange that 2 bolts would come loose... Just like that..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Someone is building a Ninja 250R...piece by piece... lol

Someone could have taken it, but more likely both bolts came loose over time, and eventually just fell out. Figure if both were loose, then once one actually went, the other was probably very soon after it. Also if it did fall off, you're lucky it didn't fall into the rear wheel or chain.

I know when washing my bike I noticed a fairing bolt was missing, so I replaced it. Checked all the others, and noticed maybe 3-4 more that needed tightening, or they might have fallen off over the next 10,000km.

Loose. Once every couple of months you should take a torque wrench and your owners manual and torque all your bolts to spec. You'd be surprised what can shake loose.

Strange as it may seem I have found a couple of foot pegs while out biking on the roads near me. Don't know what they fit but picked them up and threw them in the parts bucket....

OK so most likely just fell lol. Would have been surprised if there was a market for used ninja Peg sets.

Anyway anywhere I might be able to find one, since I need the whole set not just the peg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I've got one I stole off a 250R. $500 PayPal to my Nigerian PayPal address.

Pfft...I can send the OP an entire Ninja 250R. But I need the right passenger peg as payment in order to release the bike in his name and ship it here from Nigeria.

Loose. Once every couple of months you should take a torque wrench and your owners manual and torque all your bolts to spec. You'd be surprised what can shake loose.

I'm going with jc100 on this and going to say it came loose. I can say from my own experience that they do come loose, because I do a bolt and nut check before taking my bike out (I just give everything a minor twist to see if it's all secure), and every now and then I see one of the passenger pegs bolts are turn-able, so I fasten them. Last thing you want on your hands are parts falling off.

Back
Top Bottom