Rim Rash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rim Rash

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Low profile tires don't offer much rim protection by the tire sidewall. Is there a place that un-rashes rims? Cost? It will probably happen again.:(

+1 for Carcones...or another option is to just keep driving with the rims the way they are. Not pretty...but if it's bound to happen again....waste of $ IMHO...

+1 for Carcones...or another option is to just keep driving with the rims the way they are. Not pretty...but if it's bound to happen again....waste of $ IMHO...

A new rim is about $600 and Carcones would be 1/4 to 1/3 to restore only to happen again. I'll decide when and if I plan to sell the car.

I had a car that had some finish issues on the wheels.

The dealership sent the wheels to Carcones to get them refinished and they did a really really **** job. Dealer took them back and they came back worse.

Third time they finally did a good job. I wouldn't go back to Carcones.

Most decent brand tires will have a rim protection lip on them to help. It won't stop a good hit but will help prevent the light scrapes. My Sailuns didn't. lol.

They also make the plastic lip things that go around the wheels to prevent rash.

I had a car that had some finish issues on the wheels.

The dealership sent the wheels to Carcones to get them refinished and they did a really really **** job. Dealer took them back and they came back worse.

Third time they finally did a good job. I wouldn't go back to Carcones.

Most decent brand tires will have a rim protection lip on them to help. It won't stop a good hit but will help prevent the light scrapes. My Sailuns didn't. lol.

They also make the plastic lip things that go around the wheels to prevent rash.

Thanks for the tip. Right now it's one rim, right front, but when the tires get rotated so does the future problem.

Back
Top Bottom