Roads between Kingston and Hwy 7 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roads between Kingston and Hwy 7

i just did Arden road today for the first time. Buddy and myself agreed its a crap road condition wise. There was like a 2-3 minute section that was actually good condition. I would even travel this road slow in my civic.

Thanks guys - we'll still check it out, but maybe only ride it once. And I have a civic too, so it seems I'm always on the bike:)

Eh, it's not brilliant surface wise but I've ridden it enough to avoid the worst holes and suspension unsettling areas.

Burnt Hills Rd had fresh gravel put down starting from the west end. This was on Saturday
We did not venture down to see if it was covered in its entirety. Too bad, was looking forward to this one.

That was still a mighty fine ride on Saturday even if not completely according to plan. I don't remember most of the roads we did, and usually that's a good thing.

The best roads were: Vanluven Rd & Opinicon Rd. Desert Lake Rd and Bedford Rd were great in some spots and either sandy or bumpy in other spots. They would both be amazing if well paved. Mountain Rd had amazing pavement, but the corners were so wide open, that it would be a lose your license kind of road if you really wanted to have fun on it. Many of the others roads we hit up were decent (like Battersea Rd), but they were chip seal and had small gravel bits in the center track of the lane, so every time a wheel passed through the center of the lane, it would kick up a lot of debris to the rider behind. I'm sure Brian thought I was doing that to him on purpose all the time, but I recall that I only did it a few times on purpose:)

We were short on time, so we didn't do the whole planned route. We skipped Arden rd and a bunch of others, but it was still a good ride. A pretty neat thing that jdmsteR and I did on the way home was to take all the farmers backroads almost the whole way between Napanee and Coburg. I thought it was incredibly better than taking the 401 and we did a bit of light dirt and gravel too. Good times!

The roads around Frontenac Park are well due for a resurfacing. They've been a bit spotty for years now. Still entertaining. I like mountain road as the corners are fast and as you say, the surface is entirely predictable.

I once took farmers roads from near Ottawa to Kingston and it was awesome, didn't touch a paved road for miles. No idea what route I took but I'm petty sure there are several.

If you ever get a chance, ride to Ompah.

Back
Top Bottom