The Rise in Popularity of the CanAm Spyders?! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Rise in Popularity of the CanAm Spyders?!

I will consider a Spyder, due to injuries from my get off, I am leerie about supporting a 700 lb cruiser on my ankle with the plate, yes I KNOW it would be fine but it is psychological thing. Also like the idea of the storage for going on rides to say East coast etc. friend is putting his Sypder on the market, he rode it as 3 - 4 buddies also had Spyders but says he has little time to ride it anymore, so he will trade it in on an upgraded CanAm ATV.

As stated I see, the Spyder as a "reasonable" compromise for those who due to injury or age feel they still want to "ride", but can't do a larger cruiser, after all don't see many at 70 on a ninja 1000...lol
Yeah, not many 70+ on SS, but I did meat this older English gentleman last summer on a daytona 675. He was 72 I believe!

I still ride big bikes but:
I demo'd one at Mosport driver development track this spring. It was fun but I was still thinking bike in my head. I felt like I was going to fall off at high speed. I actually imagined myself as a cartoon character with my hands on the bars and the rest of my body flapping at a 90 degree angle. They let you try all models and were nice people.
If I couldn't ride a proper motorcycle for any reason I'd get one of these. I would support a Canadian company first, maybe the Victory slingshot second.

f0f4d5bb0c23911caac8004ba3ddd49d_zpsancghwfl.jpg

Oh come on. Why would anyone want to buy a Jap bike imitator when the real thing can be had?

Q4_01.jpg

I will consider a Spyder, due to injuries from my get off, I am leerie about supporting a 700 lb cruiser on my ankle with the plate, yes I KNOW it would be fine but it is psychological thing. Also like the idea of the storage for going on rides to say East coast etc. friend is putting his Sypder on the market, he rode it as 3 - 4 buddies also had Spyders but says he has little time to ride it anymore, so he will trade it in on an upgraded CanAm ATV.

As stated I see, the Spyder as a "reasonable" compromise for those who due to injury or age feel they still want to "ride", but can't do a larger cruiser, after all don't see many at 70 on a ninja 1000...lol

We have 1. The only thing you're going to miss is the small size of a bike and the leaning, but you will get added comfort and safety. I have no issues riding one.

I will eventually get one. Hopefully they will have the Kool Aid in my flavour. #3WheelsYo

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I will eventually get one. Hopefully they will have the Kool Aid in my flavour. #3WheelsYo

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Nice! I'm going to diy a 3 wheeler from a Miata. Gonna ujoint a steering wheel to the middle, sit high on a stack of telephone books and remove one of the rear wheels. Haven't decided which one yet. Stay tuned.

Nice! I'm going to diy a 3 wheeler from a Miata. Gonna ujoint a steering wheel to the middle, sit high on a stack of telephone books and remove one of the rear wheels. Haven't decided which one yet. Stay tuned.

You'll fit right in at Port Dover.

My cousin now rides a Spyder, not sure why she made the switch after 20 years of two wheels

Back
Top Bottom