Why BC is awful for riding ;-) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why BC is awful for riding ;-)

MacDoc

Site Supporter
6.jpg

snip

Fact: BC is mostly mountainous, and with that come roads with curves. Lots of curves. From my home in Oshawa, it was a two-hour ride to an area with any kind of twisties. Here, there are so many corners, it’s exhausting just to go out for an afternoon and a day trip requires having the paramedics on speed dial. Ontario has so many nice straight sections where a rider can unwind and relax after a 15 minute up-and-back through the favourite corners.

you get the idea....:rolleyes:

http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/07/...m_medium=email&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Any place you have mountains or even tall hills, you are going to have twisty roads.
There are only two options to the turns.
The first is tunnels, but they are very expensive.
The second is very steep grades which can cause truck runaways.

Fact: In BC’s lower mainland where I live, you can pretty much ride all year long as the winter season is mild and wet – the “wet” ranging from a light drizzle to a mop in the face. The coldest temp we saw last winter in Maple Ridge was minus two and there were several days in December and January (the two coldest months) that warmed into double digits, which means the term “winter storage” has been struck from my vocabulary. Advantage Ontario then, as the longer riding season here incurs extra costs due to increased tire wear, more frequent oil changes and more fossil fuel use. With no winter storage, the fuel stabilizer and battery tender industry is non-existent here – more lost jobs.

Whaaaaat the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu??!!!!?! This guy is a shame to motorcyclists everywhere. Complaining about twisty roads, milder weather and somehow not putting away your bike for the winter is a disadvantage? Pack it up, and stay in your cage, son, you're done.

AND he's getting paid and published as a columnist for a motorcycle magazine?!! JESUS what is this world coming to...

Whaaaaat the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu??!!!!?! This guy is a shame to motorcyclists everywhere. Complaining about twisty roads, milder weather and somehow not putting away your bike for the winter is a disadvantage? Pack it up, and stay in your cage, son, you're done.

AND he's getting paid and published as a columnist for a motorcycle magazine?!! JESUS what is this world coming to...

lol I think the author was sarcastic

Seriously. Think anyone that rides would actually think that????

lol...must need one strong coffee.....

One of the best roads I didn't ride was up near Bella Coola. Was on a road trip with friends and the road was freshly paved and twisty heaven. Sigh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom