Biker-land.de - Good Experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker-land.de - Good Experience

robmack

I've been shopping around for a replacement helmet for my 10 year old Shoei Multitec. I was eyeing the Schubert C3 Pro as my desired replacement but they are very expensive here in Canada - nearly $1000. So I shopped around online and discovered Biker-Land.de. They're located in Germany and sell a large variety of motorcycle gear and accessories at very competitive prices. I visited other European and US sites for a better picture, but Biker-land was best for price + shipping combined.

I ordered the helmet and later received the notification that the article had shipped ... by DHL. Oh *** I thought. I've had bad experiences with cross-border deliveries by DHL and FedEx, where they charge huge brokerage fees plus try and find every possible duty to apply to the article. I was pleasantly surprised this week when I picked up the helmet from the local Canada Post office, and not a DHL Canada office. CBSA had levied GST at 13% on the equivalent purchase value of the helmet plus a $10 processing fee. Very reasonable I thought. In the end I saved huge.

Biker-land web site experience was excellent. It has a good search engine, an understandable shopping cart and many payment options, including Paypal (which I used). Delivery was fast also, only taking maximum 1.5 weeks from notification of delivery by Biker-land to notification by Canada Post of reception. The helmet was well packaged and could have withstood abuse by the Post Office if subjected to it.

With the current state of the USD, CAD and EUR, I'd recommend checking out Biker-land if you're in the market to purchase motorcycle gear and accessories online. They compare well in price, convenience and delivery speed to US alternatives like Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore.

I've been shopping around for a replacement helmet for my 10 year old Shoei Multitec. I was eyeing the Schubert C3 Pro as my desired replacement but they are very expensive here in Canada - nearly $1000. So I shopped around online and discovered Biker-Land.de. They're located in Germany and sell a large variety of motorcycle gear and accessories at very competitive prices. I visited other European and US sites for a better picture, but Biker-land was best for price + shipping combined.

I ordered the helmet and later received the notification that the article had shipped ... by DHL. Oh *** I thought. I've had bad experiences with cross-border deliveries by DHL and FedEx, where they charge huge brokerage fees plus try and find every possible duty to apply to the article. I was pleasantly surprised this week when I picked up the helmet from the local Canada Post office, and not a DHL Canada office. CBSA had levied GST at 13% on the equivalent purchase value of the helmet plus a $10 processing fee. Very reasonable I thought. In the end I saved huge.

Biker-land web site experience was excellent. It has a good search engine, an understandable shopping cart and many payment options, including Paypal (which I used). Delivery was fast also, only taking maximum 1.5 weeks from notification of delivery by Biker-land to notification by Canada Post of reception. The helmet was well packaged and could have withstood abuse by the Post Office if subjected to it.

With the current state of the USD, CAD and EUR, I'd recommend checking out Biker-land if you're in the market to purchase motorcycle gear and accessories online. They compare well in price, convenience and delivery speed to US alternatives like Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore.
My experience with them was similar. Over the past five years, I purchased two high value items, Sidi boots and a C3 Pro. In both cases the savings were huge. They recognize that they're shipping to Canada (outside the EU) and you don't have to pay the associated fees. Shipping was as fast or faster than from the US with no hassles. I haven't had to return anything but I wouldn't expect any problems there either. Just be sure to do your research for size etc. in advance, on the product your purchasing.

But... C3 pro from bike-de is not DOT. You have to put fake sticker on it :)

No need, ECE certification is valid here:

2. The helmet referred to in section 1 shall conform to the requirements of the,
(a) Canadian Standards Association Standard D230 Safety Helmets for Motorcycle Riders and shall bear the monogram of the Canadian Standards Association Testing Laboratories;
(b) Snell Memorial Foundation and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the Snell Memorial Foundation;
(c) British Standards Institute and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the British Standards Institute;
(d) United States of America Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218 and shall bear the symbol DOT constituting the manufacturer’s certification of compliance with the standard; or
(e) United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Regulation No. 22, “Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Protective Helmets and of Their Visors for Drivers and Passengers of Motor Cycles and Mopeds”, and shall have affixed thereto the required international approval mark. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 610, s. 2; O. Reg. 102/12, s. 1.

No need, ECE certification is valid here:

2. The helmet referred to in section 1 shall conform to the requirements of the,
(a) Canadian Standards Association Standard D230 Safety Helmets for Motorcycle Riders and shall bear the monogram of the Canadian Standards Association Testing Laboratories;
(b) Snell Memorial Foundation and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the Snell Memorial Foundation;
(c) British Standards Institute and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the British Standards Institute;
(d) United States of America Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218 and shall bear the symbol DOT constituting the manufacturer’s certification of compliance with the standard; or
(e) United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Regulation No. 22, “Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Protective Helmets and of Their Visors for Drivers and Passengers of Motor Cycles and Mopeds”, and shall have affixed thereto the required international approval mark. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 610, s. 2; O. Reg. 102/12, s. 1.

all of requirements or one or more ( section 3 for bicycles )?

Just one. Note the "or" at the end of section d.

+1 to Biker-Land!
I've just ordered Rukka jacket and pants from them. The total price (including shipping) is US $ 1,230.59. The same combo from Revzilla comes to US $ 1,928.00. With current exchange rate Biker-Land is CAD 943.03 cheaper!!! I have nothing against Revzilla (their service is always great!) but with this kind of saving I'd rather buy from Germany. Plus Biker-Land service is as good if not better than Revzilla.
And what's strange, I always receive packages from Europe in less than a week, while anything ordered from US rarely takes less than 2 weeks...

^^^More often than not the stuff I get from the uk gets to me faster than anything coming form the us.I dont know if its a cultural thing but they really know how to do business....you order something, it usually ships next day royal air mail and as you said a week or less and the item arrives.I've dealt with some good us sellers but in my experience they just dont compare with the customer service and shipping times of the uk sellers....
The best online buying experience I've ever had was with a german company called Gimbel,they make the dirt bar conversion kits for sportbikes under the name lsl,abm(among other things).Spiegler is their us dealer(they are also very good to deal with)however they will only sell the complete dirtbar kit,I already had the extended brake lines and bars so I didnt want to pay for stuff I didn't need.Since gimbel have no dealer in canada they can sell the top triple clamp for dirt bars without the whole kit saving me about half the cost of the whole kit.the listing for the triple stated it came in silver but I wanted one in black.They sent me the triple in anodized black at no extra cost,I dont remember the exact shipping time but it got here in a hurry and the shipping cost was very resonable and I didnt get jammed with any hidden delivery charges,was very happy with that indeed...

Back
Top Bottom