Which dealer has the BEST DEALS on new KTMs? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which dealer has the BEST DEALS on new KTMs?

What have they overhauled on the 2017, and I mean other things than chassis?

You will have to ask the dealer how they plan to go about the warranty, because 6 mths is obviously a problem if they give you the bike at the start of a winter, especially on an overhauled new KTM unit ...

Quite a few things. TFT screen (boo), improved electronics all around, another infusion of horsepower, minor frame modifications, visual re-design, LED headlight, track pack availability with two-way shifter, and a suspension change.

Quite a few things. TFT screen (boo), improved electronics all around, another infusion of horsepower, minor frame modifications, visual re-design, LED headlight, track pack availability with two-way shifter, and a suspension change.

You sure you're talking about a KTM EXC?

Quick search of some other forums looks like all EXC's are late to arrive, some guys said late November early December if that means anything.

I waited over 3 months for a fork cartridge from KTM however some dude in Ecuador managed to get a new engine from them in a couple of weeks. Things are a little out of whack with their supply chains. Are you sure you only get a 6 month warranty? My super adventure came with 2 years.

What have they overhauled on the 2017, and I mean other things than chassis?

You will have to ask the dealer how they plan to go about the warranty, because 6 mths is obviously a problem if they give you the bike at the start of a winter, especially on an overhauled new KTM unit ...

From: http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-ktm-mx-and-off-road-bikes-announced#page-21

Highlights:
  • NEW 500 EXC-F engine has been redesigned in order to be the most compact and lightest 500 cc on the market
  • NEW Cylinder head with a redesigned combustion chamber, optimized intake and exhaust ports and a new overhead camshaft
  • NEW Engine cases with a centralized shaft configuration, moving the crankshaft up 7mm and back 9mm to be closer to the bike’s center of gravity
  • NEW Engine covers feature an advanced surface structure to reduce wear for the rider’s boots
  • NEW 42mm Keihin throttle body for instant throttle response and crisp fueling
  • NEW 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off-road duty
  • NEW Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability
  • NEW Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
  • NEW WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork has outstanding damping characteristics and better bottoming resistance with less weight
  • NEW WP Xplor PDS rear suspension is more progressive and is lighter
  • NEW shock mounting geometry is matched to the new swingarm with a more centered location for nearly symmetrical loads to the swing arm
  • NEW Forged aluminum triple clamp with handlebar positions and a 22mm offset for precise handling
  • NEW ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side
  • NEW 10mm longer rear brake pedal, smaller rear brake piston and lighter disks provide class leading brake performance and feel
  • NEW “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
  • NEW CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Continental TKC-80 tires for maximum strength and traction on and off the road
  • NEW Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes
  • NEW Bodywork with perfect ergonomics and contact points for maximum control and comfort
  • NEW Cooling system features stiffer radiators with better cooling efficiency while new radiator guards provide crash protection
  • NEW 2.25 gallon see-through polyethylene tank provides the range needed for extended rides
  • NEW “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition

On top of that the Six Days edition comes with a few extras: better seat, map/tc switch, billet triples, front axle puller, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's six months, I assume because the nature of the bike and it's intended purpose.

I have my own way of justifying the cost. Lol... Have you seen what they're selling for used?

Last edited:
Are you sure you only get a 6 month warranty? My super adventure came with 2 years.

Sounds about right. Exc is pretty much a race bike with lights. High strung engine with a fairly intense maintenance schedule, I want to say the off road only models is a 30 day warranty. I would think the 690 models have a warranty period closer to your super adventure.

From: http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-ktm-mx-and-off-road-bikes-announced#page-21

On top of that the Six Days edition comes with a few extras: better seat, map/tc switch, billet triples, front axle puller, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's six months, I assume because the nature of the bike and it's intended purpose.

I have my own way of justifying the cost. Lol... Have you seen what they're selling for used?

The top three items would suggest they had their hands in the engine .... hard to say if you would ever be able to spot a difference. They make it sound dramatic while I don't think it is. Opposed to their 250/300 2 strokes which got balance shaft for 2017 ... which I would call significant.

The prices on used or new KTM's are insane (but it's other Euro brands as well) ... but it's only a problem for people like me, who would want one, but would never pay more than 8K for a dirt bike ... LOL

BTW ... I have seen ads for 2016 500 EXC units ... I am guessing, it's outdated, and there's no 2016 stock available? ... or you really went after the 2017 model year?

The top three items would suggest they had their hands in the engine .... hard to say if you would ever be able to spot a difference. They make it sound dramatic while I don't think it is. Opposed to their 250/300 2 strokes which got balance shaft for 2017 ... which I would call significant.

The prices on used or new KTM's are insane (but it's other Euro brands as well) ... but it's only a problem for people like me, who would want one, but would never pay more than 8K for a dirt bike ... LOL

BTW ... I have seen ads for 2016 500 EXC units ... I am guessing, it's outdated, and there's no 2016 stock available? ... or you really went after the 2017 model year?

Find me a street legal 500 CC dirt bike around the $8K mark. Aside from Husqvarna's (same price point) there really isn't much else out there to fill that segment. You could look at something like the Husky 701 or KTM 690 but they don't appeal to me as much. Not to mention that they're a good 50 lbs heavier and almost the same HP.

I just want a street legal supermoto. :crybaby:

I was mentioning 8K just as a max top dollar I'd ever pay for any new dirt bike. I would guess, those 500XC don't exist on used market, so if that's what you want you have to pay KTM's asking price. I wouldn't, I'd rather not ride, if that's the only bike I'd be interested in. 6 months season with crappy roads around ... yeah, it kind of really limits what I am willing to pay for here ... :-(

Back
Top Bottom