Power coating rims and tank | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power coating rims and tank

m9hrdad

Site Supporter
*edit* I posted the question in the Technical forum. Mod please delete this post.

Hi guys - I am looking for a shop that is willing to pull off the tires off my bike and powder coating the rims. I also need my tank powder coated. Anyone have any good shops that can do this for me?

I realize a lot of shops can do the job if I bring them my rims, but I'm looking for one that will be willing to take the tires and tank off as well. I'm not mechanically inclined to do it myself nor do I really want to attempt it. I understand it will probably cost me more to have the shop do it for me and I'm okay with that.

Anyone have any names of shops around the GTA? I've already PM'd JohnnyP but haven't heard back.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Any bike shop could remove your wheels and take the tires off the rims for you. They would then outsource the parts for powdercoating to who-knows-where or the place of your choice.

AFAIK, no bike shops also do powdercoating. You'd be paying a lot $$ for labour and they'd probably have to store your bike too as it would be up on a lift for a few days until they got the wheels back from the powdercoater and re-installed the tires (hopefully without scratching your new powdercoat).

I've used www.flashfirecoatings.com three times now. Two sets of m/c rims and my SUV.

Couple years ago but it was 250 for the set. I had taken wheels off bike, rubber off wheel and removed the bearings before I did this though. As they are a powdercoater I don't think they are interested in doing all the removal prep part.

Good luck!

I just had a frame, swingarm, wheels and a bunch of misc. bits and pieces done and I
had a hell of a time finding someone that would even get back to me. Ended up going with Brightside Coatings based on recommendations. They are in Scarborough. I'm wondering if it was something to do with the holidays.

i did the prep work myself but I'm wondering if someone like frekeyguy could do that for you.

Back
Top Bottom