Trans-taiga trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trans-taiga trip

timtune

Site Supporter
Recently completed a trip that involved the North Road, the JBR and the Trans-taiga end to end including that last poorly maintained 84kms to the float plane base for gas @ $2.50/litre. Also did a side trip to Wimendji.

Aprox 5400kms with 2200kms of gravel. 9 days, 5 nights of vagrant camping and 3 nights in hotels.

Although you could make this trip on any bike all four of us were riding KLR650's and it made the gravel way more fun as well as easier access to the vagrant camping sites.

If you're planning a trip up that way I may be able to answer some of your question.

Awesome. What a great trip it must have been

Awesome. What a great trip it must have been

The average for July in this region is 17 days of rain, and we did get wet more than once - still it was a great trip.

we had our share of cold and wet to the south of you ...north shore st lawrence ..saw a couple signs for roads you were on at baie comeau
- i guess there are few access points - 12-13 and misty rain with some heavier stuff...

how were temps?

Last edited:
I think you're mistaken there MacD. The Trans Labrador is acessed from Baie comeau. ( a few of the guys I was with did that road last summer)
The only access to the Taiga is from the JBR

Could be ....just happend to notice the sign for one of the legendary northern roads as we rode by in miserable cold and wet weather. 13 and rain in July sucked even on pavement.

Thought the two roads might connect up

Back
Top Bottom