Looking for advice: SV650SA vs FZ6 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for advice: SV650SA vs FZ6

Op you aren't going to get 3500$ for a trade in on a 300. trade with mine and the going rate for trade in is 2500$ in perfect condition. sell it privatly.

I was offered $3000 for mine by two different dealers, but I ended up selling it privately anyway.

In the pro for the FZ6 -- I4 -- you wrote "...yeah I hear they're not ideal for street riding, but I really want to try a I4 that pulls up top".

There's no basis for the concern that an I4 is somehow substandard for street use; whomever told you that was clueless.

So I wanted to just reply about this for anybody who has the same thought later and comes across this thread. I've had the FZ6 for a couple of days now, thought I'd update this with my thoughts so far.

The I4 in town - this whole you don't have any power unless you wind it up people talk about...non-sense. Even if I'm in 3th gear putting around at 4-5k RPM, if I open her up she starts picking up speed pretty fast. Sure it's not omg-holy-moly acceleration, but it's more than enough around town. And yeah maybe I only have a fraction of the max power on hand at low/mid range, but a fraction of almost a hundred is still a decent amount :D

But I have noticed, the engine really doesn't like crawling at single digit km/h. At anything less than 10 km/h, the bike is stuttering along and needs some clutch input to be ridden smoothly.

Also people aren't kidding about the heat coming from a bigger I4 compared to a little 300cc twin. The I think because the seat was narrower on the Ninja I felt more of it coming up towards me, but I never really felt too much of it on my legs, I assume this is probably also due to the fairings covering some of the engine. But man on the FZ6 I feel so much heat in the legs.

So I wanted to just reply about this for anybody who has the same thought later and comes across this thread. I've had the FZ6 for a couple of days now, thought I'd update this with my thoughts so far.

The I4 in town - this whole you don't have any power unless you wind it up people talk about...non-sense. Even if I'm in 3th gear putting around at 4-5k RPM, if I open her up she starts picking up speed pretty fast. Sure it's not omg-holy-moly acceleration, but it's more than enough around town. And yeah maybe I only have a fraction of the max power on hand at low/mid range, but a fraction of almost a hundred is still a decent amount :D

But I have noticed, the engine really doesn't like crawling at single digit km/h. At anything less than 10 km/h, the bike is stuttering along and needs some clutch input to be ridden smoothly.

Also people aren't kidding about the heat coming from a bigger I4 compared to a little 300cc twin. The I think because the seat was narrower on the Ninja I felt more of it coming up towards me, but I never really felt too much of it on my legs, I assume this is probably also due to the fairings covering some of the engine. But man on the FZ6 I feel so much heat in the legs.

bigger the engine, the higher amount of engine heat ...

having said that if you do get an FZ6 to reduce heat on your legs you just have to do a mid-pipe delete where the CAT is... I did that and it flows better (more sound) and better heat disipation

I suppose that people like me who are used to more power down low are used to litre bike+ ... when you start riding 1000cc+ you just have power everywhere :p

Back
Top Bottom