Sena 10C, 20S (single, dual) for cheap | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sena 10C, 20S (single, dual) for cheap

I got a Global Shipping status email stating the item was flagged for potential restricted item but it was cleared and on its way to me the following day. Should be here any day now hopefully.

My SMH10 has been through countless rain storms and still works perfectly after 3-4 years. That said, I have heard the 20S might not be quite as good when it comes to rain. Is it really that bad? I need to replace my RF-1100 next year, and was considering buying a 20S to go with the new helmet and keep my old set up as a backup (the dual channel BT is a 20S feature I'd love), but I'm almost leaning to just buying another SMH10 mount and moving the unit over to the new helmet.

For the sake of the argument, assume money/price isn't a factor...just wondering if I'm better off keeping the SMH10 so long as it keeps working, due to build quality. In case it matters, new helmet would 99.9% be a RF-1200.

My SMH10 has been through countless rain storms and still works perfectly after 3-4 years. That said, I have heard the 20S might not be quite as good when it comes to rain. Is it really that bad? I need to replace my RF-1100 next year, and was considering buying a 20S to go with the new helmet and keep my old set up as a backup (the dual channel BT is a 20S feature I'd love), but I'm almost leaning to just buying another SMH10 mount and moving the unit over to the new helmet.

For the sake of the argument, assume money/price isn't a factor...just wondering if I'm better off keeping the SMH10 so long as it keeps working, due to build quality. In case it matters, new helmet would 99.9% be a RF-1200.

My 20S has been through probably about 15-20 hours of rain, some of that absolutely torrential, and keeps on ticking. A friend dropped his in a glass of water and it died, Sena replaced it.

I'm so happy with the performance of the 20S that I'm willing to risk the potential reliability issues.

My 20S has been through probably about 15-20 hours of rain, some of that absolutely torrential, and keeps on ticking. A friend dropped his in a glass of water and it died, Sena replaced it.

I'm so happy with the performance of the 20S that I'm willing to risk the potential reliability issues.

Hmm glad to hear yours is ok. If it is just a warranty thing, then I guess that's not so bad...if a unit was on the defective side it should be pretty evident before the warranty runs out.

The thing I like about the SENA 20 and why I bought them - I can use my own earphones with them.
As it turned out on this trip tho.
I hooked the earphones to the iPhone directly for Audio books and had the SENA speakers in to communicate with the kid,

The thing I like about the SENA 20 and why I bought them - I can use my own earphones with them.
As it turned out on this trip tho.
I hooked the earphones to the iPhone directly for Audio books and had the SENA speakers in to communicate with the kid,

Shouldn't it have been able to do both? One of the selling points besides BT 4.0 is dual radios...so one A2DP connection to iPhone, and one A2DP connection to the other rider vs having to pick and choose like I do on my SMH10.

just received this at 8:30 PM "We are writing to inform you that your recent GSP item has cleared customs and is now out for delivery with the carrier."
only if they're still working at this hour lol.

I got the sena 20s dual pack with another person and spent only $270 per person. This is what you do. wait for it to go on sale at CanadasMotorcycle and then call GP Bikes to Price Match. Then use the GPBikes coupon 10% over the phone

Shouldn't it have been able to do both? One of the selling points besides BT 4.0 is dual radios...so one A2DP connection to iPhone, and one A2DP connection to the other rider vs having to pick and choose like I do on my SMH10.

Ever heard a SENA 20 alert when you are listening to your music loud ??

Dangerously painful beep issue : Sena Technologies Help Desk
support.sena.com/entries/54448250-Dangerously-painful-beep-issue
Aug 25, 2014 - I forget the second, but one is the low battery alert. ..... I'll pay you to remove the beeps from my SENA 20s ... the concerns of it's consumers, would be a MVA ( motor vehicle accident) causing death leading to a class action suit.

I'll keep them separate thanks. Those alerts are horrid and no way to get rid of them. By using the Shure Earphones to buffer the SENA issue I can use both comfortably. The SENA volume up full just makes it through the Shure attenuation.

Ever heard a SENA 20 alert when you are listening to your music loud ??

I'll keep them separate thanks. Those alerts are horrid and no way to get rid of them. By using the Shure Earphones to buffer the SENA issue I can use both comfortably. The SENA volume up full just makes it through the Shure attenuation.

I'm pretty sure later firmware fixes that. I had mine alert and turn off recently while listening to music and the alerts were fine

Couldn't be bothered ....the fidelity in the earphones is far superior to any helmet speakers and I can still hear the kid on the SENA speakers.

I'll let him know on the beep turn off - we did the latest firmware but I didn't chase down the details.

The dual 20s I ordered arrived yesterday. Sealed box and looks legit. Haven't had a chance to open and figure them out yet.

i received mine yesterday too, i didn't see any seal tape on the box but the contents were in their masking tape. I installed and used it and every happy with the sound quality. Now! my gf wont stop talking, it's hurting my ears lol God.

just make sure they have the metal clip - enjoy ...do the firmware :D
i updated the firmware to 1.62 , the unit looks exactly like the pic you posted but how can you tell it's metal clip? i tried to feel the silver clip but still cant tell if it's metal or plastic that painted silver.

Metal clips and firmware upgraded. I think I better read the manual on this set as I'm already lost on what the settings do :)

Seems the 20s is sold out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That sucks. I need a replacement and Canadasmotorcycle jacked up the price. Mine is lying on the 401 somewhere between Cambridge and London..

That sucks. I need a replacement and Canadasmotorcycle jacked up the price. Mine is lying on the 401 somewhere between Cambridge and London..

Eastbound or westbound?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom