Michelin PR4s | GTAMotorcycle.com

Michelin PR4s

Gsus

Just switched my first pair off my Versys at 26500 km. Still not down to the wear bars, but squared in the back and scalloped up front to the point that I just wanted them switched. These were amazing tires in the rain up to almost 25000 km, smooth to ride on, and much less squishy than I would of expected given the number of sypes in them. The only downside is that they are spendy, but given that they lasted 1.5-2x the life of cheaper tires, and how well they performed over that time, I replaced them with another set of the same. Might not last as long on a heavier bike with a heavier rider, but I was pretty happy with how mine did.

I'm pretty much sold on the same for my CBR650F once the stock rubber is done (about 70% there now on the rear). Originally I was leaning to S20s or Michelin PP3 or SS, but after thinking about it and talking to others who run similar tires, I can't be bothered with the terrible tread life, and the fact they square off easily, given life in Ontario is about 80-90% straight roads (even if riding to the better ones).

Overall, the PR4s look like a good all-rounder for the street, and both grip and life seem to be phenomenal according to everyone who runs them.

I'm currently running continental tkc80's on my versus. Getting pretty good mileage out of them. If I go back to street tires, I'll be looking at pr4s next year.
It's just so hard to give up gravel trips. Lol

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

With the installation cost & convenience its worth it to get sport touring tires

I'm currently running continental tkc80's on my versus. Getting pretty good mileage out of them. If I go back to street tires, I'll be looking at pr4s next year.

I still run a lot of gravel even on the PR4s.... I wouldn't do something silly like running the Nipissing Trail on them though. :p

I still run a lot of gravel even on the PR4s.... I wouldn't do something silly like running the Nipissing Trail on them though. :p
Lol. That's my problem, even when I run sport/sport touring tires I find myself running the Nippising trail on them.

My last V had a heidenau rear and distanzia front, which was a great combo for gravel, with decent treadlife (astonishing for the scout) on both, but the scout really sucked on road. Given that about 5% of my riding was gravel, the street tires were an easy switch.

Back
Top Bottom