Dual Mikuni TM36-68 HELP needed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dual Mikuni TM36-68 HELP needed

You mentioned that it is running rich.
Were the carbs rebuilt? You may have worn needle jets and/or main jets.

You're on the right track with the pilot circuit, but the issue may be a combination of both.

If the problem is in the carbs.... big if, but that's the way you are leaning..

- float heights: check and confirm both static and active. Make sure vibrations aren't holding the floats open and increasing the fuel in the bowls. Or anything else for that matter.
- synch - won't cause these problems, but should be set for smooth idling.
- pilot screw and idle settings - fuel is different in Europe. You will need to adjust it here for your riding conditions.
- jets: if there needs to be a jet adjustment (quite probable) they are available from suppliers here, no need to go to Germany for Japanese carb parts..

There are many good resources for learning about carb tuning and adjustment on the internet. If you would rather pay someone to do it, call around and get some quotes. There are many great techs locally, capable of helping you.

Because it runs well until hot and again when cooled down my next guess would be: losing valve clearance (compression) when hot.

If the problem is in the carbs.... big if, but that's the way you are leaning..

I love these threads!!!

"Hi I have a problem, I think it's this"

-- "have you checked these other things"

"Yeah Yeah Yeah.. those things are fine; so I was thinking, about that first thing I said, and why I think I'm right"

-- "ok, have you checked this other stuff?"

"Couldn't be any of that, I'm sure of it... I'm going to replace that first thingy I mentioned"

I'll pause there as that's as far as this thread has gone.... but you get the idea. Let him throw a ton of cash down the tubes if he wants to.

Back
Top Bottom