Excess speed vs right of way violation | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Excess speed vs right of way violation

Well that's just it. That's what's funny to me. A fatal accident; a quick post about it, and three pages of Amateur Hour Crime Scene Investigators arguing over who, what, why, when, how, insurance, traffic laws, etc, etc..

If you had actually read the OP, the first word is "discuss", which is what is happening in this thread. Maybe it is above your comprehension skills.

Well, duh.... lol. As an admin, perhaps you'd feel inclined to bump this thread over to the Amatuer Collision Reconstruction Discussion Forum (ACRDF). Surely there it is more related to the overall theme of the forum rather than 'GTA Motorcycle.' Beyond the fact that the accident involved a motorcycle the original post had little else to do with motorcycling. Perhaps this thread is better suited to the Archive of Fatal Collisions Board (AoFCB).

I'm sure I can find a bunch of applicable quotes, but certainly there are discussions of quality worth having and others not. The point of where this conversation has gone is lost on me.

Drivel on....
Then why do you bother to join in?
If you've got nothing to say...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I guess some people think government and police authorities should be unquestioned.

Iceman, I originally posted in the thread to make an observation of the on-going discussion. Didn't really 'join in' the conversation. Brian P, I'm not sure GTAM is the place to question government and police authorities. lol. Meaning, don't think anyone is listening, but I guess everyone can just all sit in this big play-pen and whine and cry to each other. :p

If you had actually read the OP, the first word is "discuss", which is what is happening in this thread. Maybe it is above your comprehension skills.

Nope. I read it. Still offered my opinion of the absurdity of the discussion. Anything else?

Well, duh.... lol. As an admin, perhaps you'd feel inclined to bump this thread over to the Amatuer Collision Reconstruction Discussion Forum (ACRDF). Surely there it is more related to the overall theme of the forum rather than 'GTA Motorcycle.' Beyond the fact that the accident involved a motorcycle the original post had little else to do with motorcycling. Perhaps this thread is better suited to the Archive of Fatal Collisions Board (AoFCB).

I'm sure I can find a bunch of applicable quotes, but certainly there are discussions of quality worth having and others not. The point of where this conversation has gone is lost on me.

Drivel on....

Sometimes things are obvious, when you have the right software.

[video=youtube;xbCWYm7B_B4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCWYm7B_B4[/video]

Other times it takes some familiarity with the area. If that happened where I think it did, then it's a dangerous point on Rutherford. Right lane exits. There's a left turn lane. One lane goes straight through. Bicycle lane. Lots of idiots blow up the right lane and then force their way in when it turns, by using the merge lane on the other side of the intersection. Not a place to be speeding or distracted.

Despite, or maybe because of, the insurance co. final decision on the matter I think this unfortunate situation is another clear indicator that proponents of "take it to the track" may be on to something because the need to awareness seems so acute on public roads. Of course this wouldn't apply to figure 8 tracks or those with major elevation changes. Still need awareness on those.
And an afterthought: wouldn't it be a gas if the one and only time a Harley rider ever braked down from excess velocity using hard won brake modulation skills learned at the track, scewing at best or nullifying at worst the hard and dedicated work by sunshine listed accident reconstruction experts?

Last edited:
RIP
scanned the thread, I agree with Riceburner's comments.
Guys that ride a Harley like that tend to go slow, they know they are in Brampton...it's a nice bike, cost a lot.
Maybe we will see what happened from a dashcam or home security camera.

It looked like the rider could have escaped that. Damn!

Why would a police spokesperson say that speed was a factor and that no charges are expected in this case? Do you think Peel Police have a policy to look the other way and not charge car drivers when a rider is killed "just because" in what would otherwise be an obvious right of way collision?
No, I believe they chose the easy way out. Dead rider can't provide information unfortunately, so they go 100% one way.
Rider maybe slightly over the speed limit. Driver in I tinted out car maybe didn't look. Easy to blame motorcycle rider, because all motorcycle's go fast right? That's what the general population believe and see.

Btw, an we find out somehow if charges were laid?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

No, I believe they chose the easy way out. Dead rider can't provide information unfortunately, so they go 100% one way.
Rider maybe slightly over the speed limit. Driver in I tinted out car maybe didn't look. Easy to blame motorcycle rider, because all motorcycle's go fast right? That's what the general population believe and see.

They do tend to lean this way. ^^^ This is exactly what seems to happen judging from my experiences working with PRP.

Looks like they're still doing it. Most of the older dispatchers have a "That's what you get for riding a Motorcycle" attitude when someone dies on a bike too. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom