Four/Five Days. North or South?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Four/Five Days. North or South??

JamieA

Hi All

I have four/five days starting around August 15 and a new bike to ride on. Should I go north (Algoma Loop) or South (BRP).

Thoughts from anyone who has done both would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

Done both - head south for sure, because the road quality is much better. Due to the poor dollar exchange, the costs should be pretty similar and the scenery is awesome heading both ways.

Hi All

I have four/five days starting around August 15 and a new bike to ride on. Should I go north (Algoma Loop) or South (BRP).

Thoughts from anyone who has done both would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

In the heat of summer, I'd say go North. Cooler, Canadian currency, beautiful country, maybe less cars.

I'm considering doing a similar trek that week and I'll be heading south. Like already stated the road conditions are much better.

Last edited:
I've done both, go South young man. If you haven't done the BRP before, do it. It's fun even if it's slow. The USD might be an issue but you live once, it's really not going to matter if you saved $200 bucks or whatever.

West Virginia or PA. Lots of great roads.
In addition you are two states down. Get a ticket, pay it, no demerit or insurance issues back up here in Canada. Be careful as you go through New York State as it is reciprocal with Ontario.

Excellent replies so far. Thanks

I rode the dragon this spring on a rental and it was four hours that went way too fast. We rode on a cycling trip along brp and it was unbelievable.

Last edited:
I did Skyline Dr. and BRP a month ago. 35mph on Skyline Dr. was a bit tough to manage, but doing 45mph on BRP was oddly fine this time around.

I encourage people to ride with a radar detector in the US. Helps take the edge off in the areas where limits are so low you have to obsess over your speed to stay legal.

Back
Top Bottom