Insurance Help - 2011 Yamaha Stryker | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Help - 2011 Yamaha Stryker

rkid052

here's the scoop, just sold my 600 f4i as insurance skyrocketed recently.

looking to get a 2011 yamaha stryker, was told that a cruiser is less expensive to insure. well i'm finding it hardly is!

i'm male, 30 years old, have my M, no accidents/tickets and the cheapest i found was just shy of $200 a month which i think is ridiculous for a cruiser. i was told i should be paying around $100 a month but i can't see to find that lol...am i out to lunch here?

how are all these bikes on the road with insurance being so high! i'm confused.

how are bike companies not up in arms about these ridiculous rates, it must significantly decrease their sales.

any direction i should be looking?

[FONT=proxima-nova, sans-serif]1304cc vs 600cc even with the sport bike surcharge. look for an 800 or 900cc cruiser and you'll find prices a little less outrageous. If you were comparing the stryker vs hayabusa then yes the stryker likely would be cheaper. Sure an 800 or 900cc cruiser isn't going to have the HP your sport bike had and likely will be 2x the weight. if you want to get the low cost insurance you don't have to go to a cruiser, just stay away from surcharged bikes like sport bikes and muscle cruisers (ie vmax). Check out sport touring bikes like the FZ series, VFR, SV650, versys 650 (the ninja 650 is also sport touring but some insurance companies will surcharge the name ninja regardless)

[/FONT]

Where do you live, inside a high risk area? Looking for full coverage or liability only? At age 30 with a clean record and a full M that does sound rediculous for a cruiser.

My VTX1300 (1312cc & roughly the same HP as the stryker) costs me about $50/month for liability only so the line not need be at the 800cc range for cheap insurance. I think you're just not calling around enough. Try calling Dalton Timmis and ask for Andy Singh - Dalton has over 30 underwriters that they deal with (more than any other broker out there AFAIK) and I think you'll get some better numbers.

Last edited:
here's the scoop, just sold my 600 f4i as insurance skyrocketed recently.

looking to get a 2011 yamaha stryker, was told that a cruiser is less expensive to insure. well i'm finding it hardly is!

i'm male, 30 years old, have my M, no accidents/tickets and the cheapest i found was just shy of $200 a month which i think is ridiculous for a cruiser. i was told i should be paying around $100 a month but i can't see to find that lol...am i out to lunch here?

how are all these bikes on the road with insurance being so high! i'm confused.

how are bike companies not up in arms about these ridiculous rates, it must significantly decrease their sales.

any direction i should be looking?

Hey, I sent you a PM last night.

Back
Top Bottom