no value for bikes still? | GTAMotorcycle.com

no value for bikes still?

ajaxguy

Is there still no value on bikes per the ministry so if the seller agrees, can write it up for whatever no matter how new it is?

$100 minimum. I tried $50 recently. Had to pay tax on $100 instead.
Then the teller was having a bad day. Told them a dollar, payed the 13cents and then said I might as well renew my stickers for 2 years as well. Service ontario can be the same as dealing with cops. Bad day for them = bad day for you.

I actually just sold my old CBR to a coworker in Ajax, apparently he told them 10$, they were difficult about it and started checking kijiji for prices on the 250r, forced him to pay tax on 1200$ instead. Felt bad for forgetting about the UVIP where I could have written it and signed it instead :(

I actually just sold my old CBR to a coworker in Ajax, apparently he told them 10$, they were difficult about it and started checking kijiji for prices on the 250r, forced him to pay tax on 1200$ instead. Felt bad for forgetting about the UVIP where I could have written it and signed it instead :(

$10?? come on man, at least make it something reasonable. ;)

I'm not for extra taxes, but as guys keep dicking about with really stupid values the ministry will create a list. Keep it remotely believeable and we can all keep some bucks in our pocket, start dicking around and we will get a list.

Think long term sucess

I'm not for extra taxes, but as guys keep dicking about with really stupid values the ministry will create a list. Keep it remotely believeable and we can all keep some bucks in our pocket, start dicking around and we will get a list.

Think long term sucess

I agree, but much like Neil said above, it is stupid that you can pay tax on something, then if it is resold, there is tax again. Tax really should be on the product, and since nothing new is being produced, you shouldn't get taxed again.

Then again, we do pay income tax, yet also get taxed on everything we buy with our remaining income...but that's another whole can of worms...

I told them it was an even trade for a sled...the bike needed repairs and played dumb. I said how does $100 sound and smiled. Works for me was her reply.
Guess it depends on your smile ;)

Think long term sucess

You know that's not how it works. First come the clever, quiet mice then come the foolish, noisy squeakers who draw the attention of the cat. After that, it's always listening for prey. A $300 billion deficit will only sharpen it's hearing.

you are very right. If I buy an 8k bike I would have the owner write me a bill that says as is for 3k for the ministry purposes and one for me for the real price.

Think long term sucess

Yep Keep it realistic, and go with a bill of sale, when you go in with a retarded amount the tellers take insult to this. I usually go in with a few hundred dollar value there-for pay around 30-40 bucks. Keeps them from looking up on the net and getting management involved.

Back
Top Bottom