Novice 600? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Novice 600?

At SOAR, first six race weekends regardless of whether those are at SOAR or elsewhere. Those six can cross from one year to the next.

In the RACE rulebook it states that the Novice rider classification only applies to the Novice 600 class. A novice rider is defined by either:
1. A beginner rider.
2. First time rider.
3. In-experienced (former) Amateur riders
4. Those riders whose skills are not in the top 50% of the Amateur Rider classification.
5. Certain Amateur riders whom have been allowed to step down from the Amateur 600 or Amateur Superbike class.
6. Those riders whose lap times and speed are not consistent enough to remain in the Amateur 600 and Amateur Superbike class.

There are a bunch of other caveats but you can check the book for those.

Nice! Better increase your tire budget ;)

98HP from an EX500?? there must not be much Kawi left in that EX then, how did he not get it to not blow up every race? When AND racing (http://thekneeslider.com/and-motorcycles-by-julian-farnam/) was using an EX500 in Cali they were ~65hp from the 526CC kit I think

Jeff

I used to build big EXs back in the day that woukd pull those numbers. We used to use Cosworth kits I believe they were around 620cc. Falican knife edge polished crank with oil passages opened and chamfered. This is KEY. Open the head up with bigger valves and a compression bump and big cams. FCR pumper carbs, rods etc and viola. The weak link is the big end rod bearings they were simply too small and would fail after about 10hrs. I had an hour meter on my bike. Used to buy them a dozen at a time and at night could yank the motor, flip it upside down and change them out via the oil pan. If the motor started ticking change them. I ventilated a few lower ends before I figured this out. Bike would easily outrun an SV I won alot of races on it. But in todays age why the hell would you? Big money to build and can buy stock stuff just as fast for less. Just realized the one pictured below was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom