1903 | A Harley-Davidson® Café | GTAMotorcycle.com

1903 | A Harley-Davidson® Café

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Wow Harley opened a cafe? It says there is a meet tomorrow, I would be curious to see what it's like

Ok, I really like Coffee (like, intraveneously in the morning would be great), but really? A HD coffee shop? HD seems to be really stretching when it comes to the marketing aspect here.

(....waiting for the "but cruiser guys only ride to timmies so the HD guys can just ride to the HD coffee shop instead" jokes)

Why does this sound so familiar

I have a hard time associated HD riders with anything other than a double double.

is that a typo...ride fast:lmao:

seems like an odd location for this place
I'm not familiar with the area, but they seem to pushing their "urban models".

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the area, but they seem to pushing their "urban models".

push right into the lake

that area is tough to get to and on a air cooled Harley...lol

I can't see ppl riding from Whitby all the way down there, should have been spot off the 401, easy access for all and a reason for a ride.

parking???

This is a marketing thing. They don't need to get current Harley owners in there

Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a business put together by the owners of Town Moto. He owns a few motorcycle dealerships. That Ossington area is fairly bourgeois these days. Full of pricey boutiques, and trendy eateries. Quite nice actually. I suppose they're trying to sell a kind of hipster motorcycle subculture to the more upper crust, crowd. I guess there's one good thing about Harley riders these days - they all have money - and everyone wants some of it.

As far as I can tell, they don't sell bikes at the cafe. There is still no where to buy a Harley anywhere near downtown.

I get the marketing angle, particularly given the location (there's always at least a few bikes parked out front of TownMoto), but IMHO they should have leased a bigger space and added a small showroom to the cafe, maybe one that just sells bikes aimed at the 'urban lifestyle'.

Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a business put together by the owners of Town Moto.

I was thinking the same thing. It's just a few doors down. I may well be wrong but I don't think HD is directly involved.

Edit - Actually, the social media links on 1903cafe.ca point to HD properties. Looks like it is their café. Weird.

Last edited:
Looks like it is Harley affiliated, since they use the Tm in the name. Good luck to them, the'll need it. I remember the indian cafe where they also sold clothing. No added value here, so I dont think they will last long.

They have events listed on the Fb page at the cafe, but as others have wisely pointed out, you aint gonna make it on just coffee beans.

BB

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a business put together by the owners of Town Moto. He owns a few motorcycle dealerships. That Ossington area is fairly bourgeois these days. Full of pricey boutiques, and trendy eateries. Quite nice actually. I suppose they're trying to sell a kind of hipster motorcycle subculture to the more upper crust, crowd. I guess there's one good thing about Harley riders these days - they all have money - and everyone wants some of it.

I remember when Ossington (south of Dundas, anyway) was a succession of dingy Vietnamese karaoke bars, Portuguese auto garages and rental housing, ending at CAMH on Queen Street. Old MacDonald the linotype caster was a real character too. Nothing seriously dangerous, just run-down with people doing their own thing. Kind of miss that about pre-WORLD CLASS CITY Toronto. It's wealthier now, but money is dull and conservative. A Harley Davidson cafe will fit in perfectly.

As far as I can tell, they don't sell bikes at the cafe. There is still no where to buy a Harley anywhere near downtown.

I get the marketing angle, particularly given the location (there's always at least a few bikes parked out front of TownMoto), but IMHO they should have leased a bigger space and added a small showroom to the cafe, maybe one that just sells bikes aimed at the 'urban lifestyle'.
I thought they do have some street models on display as per the website. Or did I read that wrong?

I wonder how many weddings will get booked there?

Back
Top Bottom