Sidewalk Parking in Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sidewalk Parking in Toronto

Ozcam

I've noticed several spots downtown where groups of motorcycles are parked on sidewalks and other pedestrian areas. For example, Maple Leaf Square on the west side of the ACC (north side of Bremner), north side of the Hard Rock Cafe at Yonge and Dundas Square, north side of Camden St. west of Spadina.

Can anyone tell me whether these spots are regulated and where I can search for others like this online?

Last edited:
Nice first post. The "city" is a large area, maybe be more specific. What you think are public sidewalks may in fact be sidewalks on private property. Parking on public sidewalks will get you a ticket.

Just so you know, bikes can park for free on the streets where there are those paid meters that print out a receipt to put in your car. If you're downtown there are several streets that are dedicated to bike parking. Just ride around and you'll see them. For anywhere else in the city, it's free on the streets where the paid meters are.

http://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebase/02/101000052402.html

But to answer your question, you cannot legally park on a sidewalk.

Thanks Joey. I'm aware of the street parking, just wondering about these other places for when I can't find a spot on the street. Specifically, I was wondering about Dundas Sq. on the north side of the Hard Rock since I'm going to be in that area tomorrow night.

Thanks Joey. I'm aware of the street parking, just wondering about these other places for when I can't find a spot on the street. Specifically, I was wondering about Dundas Sq. on the north side of the Hard Rock since I'm going to be in that area tomorrow night.
Not legal. You could get ticketed but might not.

It's a risk the guys will take by doing it.

Why take the chance of a ticket, plus the fact some people are ***** and will bump into it, touch, scratch it when they see it on the sidewalk.
...i still remember the day i saw someone spit on a ducati that was parked on the sidewalk at queen and peter

People are *****. I once saw someone empty a whole cup of soda into a parked top down convertible just because they were having a bad day/week/year/life.

People are *****. I once saw someone empty a whole cup of soda into a parked top down convertible just because they were having a bad day/week/year/life.
These instances should justify reinstating the tar and feather penalties

Back
Top Bottom