K7 600 is sick :( | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

K7 600 is sick :(

I was anticipating the attitude. Ya I work 4 jobs at the moment and don't have a lot of time. I'm trying to not spend cash when I don't have to. And thanks for the link for the JIS screw drivers, that was the help I actually needed. I was wondering why my phillips wasn't catching. Although I hope it helps me with the screw on the left side that is very off center. Maybe these JIS ones will be thing and long enough for me to get at it. My battery has been on a tender and apparently its full, but maybe I pooched it and don't know. I literally only need to get 2 screws off to get the air box off and I can do the rest.

I was anticipating the attitude. Ya I work 4 jobs at the moment and don't have a lot of time. I'm trying to not spend cash when I don't have to. And thanks for the link for the JIS screw drivers, that was the help I actually needed. I was wondering why my phillips wasn't catching. Although I hope it helps me with the screw on the left side that is very off center. Maybe these JIS ones will be thing and long enough for me to get at it. My battery has been on a tender and apparently its full, but maybe I pooched it and don't know. I literally only need to get 2 screws off to get the air box off and I can do the rest.

4 jobs and you can't afford to pay someone for 1.5 hours of work????
I took that bike apart using phillips screwdriver.
I really hope you don't talk to women like this.
good luck, get the bike fixed, get riding

understandable; you should have just said that instead of the "getting raped" song and dance is all

$200hr (+ 13%) is not rape once you understand the shop needs that to make it worth their while. If they round up 1hr, which thankfully rarely ever happens, the average Ontarian can do a full shift or two at his average Ontarian job to cover that. I blame the Ontario for that.

iirc shop rates are $100/hr

Frekeyguy can fix his bike much cheaper
That job is only 1 hour but I would change the stator too, add another 30 min.

It's not that hard to change.

iirc shop rates are $100/hr

Frekeyguy can fix his bike much cheaper
That job is only 1 hour but I would change the stator too, add another 30 min.

It's not that hard to change.

Yes, I think it was around $100hr* last time I took a vehicle in altho it wasn't stated as such and it worked out to about $200hr all in. You buy the replacement parts thru the shop at a mark up, so the final hourly tally varies obviously.

As a customer I think it's unsporting to tell a mechanic how long a job should take and how easy it's going to be.

* bring in your own parts to see how long that $100hr works out

Last edited:
Yes, I think it was around $100hr* last time I took a vehicle in altho it wasn't stated as such and it worked out to about $200hr all in. You buy the replacement parts thru the shop at a mark up, so the final hourly tally varies obviously.

As a customer I think it's unsporting to tell a mechanic how long a job should take and how easy it's going to be.

* bring in your own parts to see how long that $100hr works out

They have a book for shop rates and time it takes for the job.
You can bring your parts in, the hourly price does not change or should not change.

$200hr (+ 13%) is not rape once you understand the shop needs that to make it worth their while. If they round up 1hr, which thankfully rarely ever happens, the average Ontarian can do a full shift or two at his average Ontarian job to cover that. I blame the Ontario for that.

For a stator replacement I'd just go to rosey toes with the new part, it would cost like 100 bucks max. $200 dollars an hour shop time is getting raped, I cant think of a single shop in the city that has the balls to charge that, maybe a bmw or merc dealership.

Back
Top Bottom