Anyone familiar with Saab's? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone familiar with Saab's?

Yeah except when you want AC its $14k. Its great that they sell a car for 10k, but you'll never find one on the lot. Almost ever Micra at my local dealer is 17k...
What's AC? Honestly, I don't remember the last time I used it, but I work in a warehouse so we get sweaty. Not like I have to keep my dress clothes nice.
And don't they have to sell you a $10k Micra if that is what you want to buy? I mean, isn't there a law about that? Fwiw a coworker of mine bought an Elantra for ~$13k otd. Crank windows, manual trans and no ac though.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

What's AC? Honestly, I don't remember the last time I used it, but I work in a warehouse so we get sweaty. Not like I have to keep my dress clothes nice.
And don't they have to sell you a $10k Micra if that is what you want to buy? I mean, isn't there a law about that? Fwiw a coworker of mine bought an Elantra for ~$13k otd. Crank windows, manual trans and no ac though.

Goddamn I couldn't live without AC. When I was installing solar panels last summer I would have died without it on breaks/lunch. Thank **** I've got a real job now lol. Even now, my truck gets so hot inside just sitting there.

And if they don't have any, than whats there to sell? I mean I have no doubt they make them and ship them off to some poorer counties, but I'd doubt you'd see many here without special ordering it.

And if you go onto autotrader right now, the cheapest new 2016 Micra in the province is $14848. Auto with no AC. Nevertheless, on the list of the best cars with an MSRP of under $15k, the Micra is at the bottom.

I would've thought you had you're own refrigerated van; you know; cuz ice cream
Oh yeah. Cuz the ice cream is ever around that long.

Replace the timing belt if you buy one...unless you can verify when it was done. My BIL learned the hard way about that when it let go and many internal parts tried to occupy the same space at the same time.

...of course this goes for any car, but the difference was that a $5K repair job for any other car (assuming the bottom end survived) was a $10K job for the Saab even after confirming it just needed heads and valves. He ended up junking the car.

Not too many Saabs have timing belts, the Subaru based 9-2x had belts since in the end it was a Subaru with Saab badges. Some of the older V6 Saabs had belts but a v6 Saab is usually bad mojo and stay away from most of these, specially the 9-5 ones (3.0 litre). If you stick with a Saab 4 or ecotech 4 they all have chains.

Decided to put the 8k into a new Jetta. Couldn't pass up the 4k discount and low interest rates.

I have a buddy with a 9-3 Saabaru wagon. He treats it like a beater in terms of how he uses it and what he throws in the back with the seats folded like building materials, gravel, etc. Gives it basic maintenance, and it's been a great beater vehicle for him for years now. He's had less problems with it than his Toyota Matrix that he ended up getting rid of (that needed a new electric power steering rack at some point) when a $300 ABS sensor without install just the part, broke the proverbial camel's back, and an older Honda Odyssey with transmission problems.

Back
Top Bottom