HTA 172 is still unconstitutional -- anyone had issues with standing on pegs? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HTA 172 is still unconstitutional -- anyone had issues with standing on pegs?

Except that the judge did NOT know what Mahoney-Bruer did. There was only strong suspicion. Had the judge known, then there would not have been sufficient doubt in the judge's mind to preclude conviction.

There is a reason why police most frequently take trial by judge, rather than trial by jury.

Radar/laser/pacing is not subjective. It is a number just like any breath test number, so are you now also saying you are ok with administrative measures for 50+ over the limit as the degree of speeding is not determined subjectively?

Part 2, the media focus may have been on street racers and a couple of serious crashes in particular, but the legislative focus was far broader from the outset and that legislative process had its beginnings much earlier than the height of the media focus on street racing..

If you look back, in that particular reply I did not mention speed enforcement. That is another kettle of fish, which we already hashed out in great detail... But yeah, normal people missing speed changes for the most part; simple perversion of what this "law" was supposed to be about.

Part 2.... Media opinion IS focused by government officials, and those officials insisted we needed tougher penalties for "street racers"... That was the sales pitch. Legislative focus happens behind closed doors, and we only find out important detail at the very end.... Then we get later amendment, such as driving aggressively close to other road users, like bicycles. More subjective charges... It's sloppy, from start to finish, and the actually conviction rates bear that out.

There is a reason why police most frequently take trial by judge, rather than trial by jury.

As a VERY good defense lawyer, once told me... If you have "the law" and technicalities on your side take trial by judge alone, as judges will follow the letter of the law and be able to make that distinction... If all you have is "circumstances and possible emotions" on your side take trial by jury.

Of course that depends upon the charge. Not all offences permit the option of trial by judge alone or by judge and jury.

Yodude, you reported me for agreeing with you. Nice job!

Now I can see why you're arguing with everyone in here.

When I said "what a dick" I was referring to the cop in the video, not you or your sensitive ego lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I said "what a dick" I was referring to the cop in the video, not you or your sensitive ego lol.

You are assuming that it takes a report for an infraction to be given. You'd be wrong.

You also might want to make it clear who you are insulting, when you are tossing insults around (or maybe refrain from insults).

actually, i have not reported anyone for anything, i'd think admins could confirm that, just noticed the report post thingy now for the first time

i wouldn't be surprised if mods/admins make any changes as they see fit, on their own,

i suppose someone else may have complained, i don't have clue how it works here,

i can say that the site is far more lax generally than anything i'm more used to, it's not clear cut to me what's ok just going by what goes on, particularly when informed

Personal attacks can easily be interpreted as insults, which are clearly barred on this site

anyway, that's it from me for the above in this thread, if any of it really bothered me i'd likely take it up privately with the powers at be, my personal preference is a clear focus on, on topic stuff

EDIT - i missed the above reply, prior to mine

Last edited:
Neil Please stop posting coherent articulate posts it is hurting my head....lol

@yodude. It is good to see that you support the police but to do so blindly is fool hardy. Do they do a tough job, without much support or thanks? Sure but then they also are compensated VERY well. Was it nice when someone occasionally shook my hand, and thanked me for the work I did, sure it was. BUT with responsibility also comes accountability. I tend to see issues form both sides, but I also am critical of poor policing, as should everyone. Neil and I also often tend to have very diverse opinions of issues, but we keep our discourse civil, and on point.

i did mention in another post "not saying they are all angels", i also don't have a prob with anyone being taken to task, or diverse opinions, keeping it civil or what that is about here is mainly up to the folks who run the show, to decide or deal with,

ideally, that is very evident in the forums, when it is, way less bs for them & on point smoother show, or at least, that's one way to go about it

bottom line is they can do whatever works for them

on another note, had a chat the other day with 2 noob paramedics, their job vs police work, one indicated that no way or police work is way worse, why? well, just to start with, "everyone hates them"

he also indicated that due to glaring cutbacks/understaffing, paramedics are sent out for stuff that to them, is more in line with cop stuff

Last edited:
i felt compelled for no other reason but to delay my washroom brake

--anyway-- I was on my pegs with a cop car behind me without any issues. mind you i was hopping around like a damn rabbit over the bumps near the Spadiana exit on DVP/QEW (hate that portion now).

Also, there are a lot of those "speed bumps" on the highway - not sure what to call them - where the asphalt makes a raised bump across some or all the lanes catapulting your perineum to the stratosphere.
Realistically speaking in the GTA there is no reason to do an off-road style posture on a bike for longer than a few seconds while you get over dead raccoons/skunks/maybe your severed limb as you eat the rough circumference of the pothole you could not avoid

Frost heave?

cop is the only one outa line here? you sound like a cop magnet, gimme a break

i don't even care what the cop is yammering on about,

if it was me, id be thinking either wtf? or fy & your beeping, period

oh really? cell phone use bothers you to the extent that you are fully justified in beeping away with hand to ear motions whenever you feel like or come across it???

then the argument that starts with plaintiff wails of repeated "i don wanna argue" umm, then stfu, punk, fancy cam, utube whatever,

btw, cops can use cell phones, don't like it? too bad, oh, you're a clairvoyant??

punk as@ beeb happy cam dude with 'tude going to utube of course with cop crap is lucky it was a cop that stepped out

for most folks, beeping away behind someone at an intersection means 'hurry up, get going', doesn't matter who it might be, even a granny

so cop steps out & vents, or has a little road rage chit chat with punko, big deal

guy steps out with a visible gun & you ask if a Cop? as a citizen i say fy, lucky he was in a good mood, before you started with your beep beep crap

Oh man...Kid's Lucky!

Back
Top Bottom