HTA 172 is still unconstitutional -- anyone had issues with standing on pegs? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HTA 172 is still unconstitutional -- anyone had issues with standing on pegs?

lol, applies to you to doncha know :p:roll::roll:, whoever anointed you almighty??

Says the guy trollin up month old post to have a dig.. you're gonna go far my friend; so far haha

funny, i don't have any direct cop issues, last pullover i recall at all in 20 years plus was once & youngun guy was beyond cool (coulda thrown the book at me, i goofed), helps alot to be clean gotta say if ever pulled over,

what you folks up to here?? at the very least, looks like wild west cop bashing to me,

ya wanna talk basics, good luck with that, but heh, i'm only grasshopper here

edit - actually, i do recall another, cop was convinced (did mention it mighta been the other car..) i had a radar detector but didn't mater to me whatever cos i knew i didn't, so we had a little chat

oh, one time i got pulled over for straight pipes on a harley, turned into a "nice ride" chit chat, other than that, i was all clean,

they of course can always do & often start with quick easy background checks.. then there's also the discretion part,

wanna go there or mess with any of it, not to mention fundamentals? be my guest..

Last edited:
funny, i don't have any direct cop issues, last pullover i recall at all in 20 years plus was once & youngun guy was beyond cool (coulda thrown the book at me, i goofed), helps alot to be clean gotta say if ever pulled over,

what you folks up to here?? at the very least, looks like wild west cop bashing to me,

ya wanna talk basics, good luck with that, but heh, i'm only grasshopper here

edit - actually, i do recall another, cop was convinced (did mention it mighta been the other car..) i had a radar detector but didn't mater to me whatever cos i knew i didn't, so we had a little chat

oh, one time i got pulled over for straight pipes on a harley, turned into a "nice ride" chit chat, other than that, i was all clean,

they of course can always do & often start with quick easy background checks.. then there's also the discretion part,

wanna go there or mess with any of it, not to mention fundamentals? be my guest..

Let your shepherds guide you; I'm more of the free range type

So 0.01% of the population is doing something wrong, so we should all just bend over and take it how ever they give it? Right :rolleyes:

Unless you are among that part of the population doing something as egregiously wrong as that crap, it's very unlikely that you will ever have to bend over.

Except that cops use HTA-172 as a weapon if, for example, you argue with them. So, not quite so unlikely.

Unless you are among that part of the population doing something as egregiously wrong as that crap, it's very unlikely that you will ever have to bend over.

BS... When you side step the public right to due process you open the door to abuse, which has, and will continue to happen as long as 'guilty until proven innocent' stays in place.

BS... When you side step the public right to due process you open the door to abuse, which has, and will continue to happen as long as 'guilty until proven innocent' stays in place.

Every part of the justice system is open to possible abuse or mistaken application. Ask Guy Paul Morin. It doesn't mean that you throw out the system.

The threshold to meet 172 is plenty high enough that the average driver or rider should never ever even come close to it if they are riding responsible.

If they are riding so close to the line as to risk a 172, then they alone put themselves there.

Every part of the justice system is open to possible abuse or mistaken application. Ask Guy Paul Morin. It doesn't mean that you throw out the system.

The threshold to meet 172 is plenty high enough that the average driver or rider should never ever even come close to it if they are riding responsible.

If they are riding so close to the line as to risk a 172, then they alone put themselves there.

So why trough out the most significant staple of the system; innocent until proven guilty.

Couple that with poorly written legislation, which as expected, has found it primary use in cash generation, nabbing ordinary people for speeding after being sold to the public as a means to stop street racing (an actual concern) in major urban areas. And don't forget most are pled down after everyone's got their slice of the pie.. yeah good job we've done for the people here

What threshold? There are more subjective definitions in the O regs than I have fingers to count with.

Which doesn't really matter, because an officer could still arrest you for a blatantly inappropriate HTA 172 charge, help themselves to the contents of your wallet, put you in the back of a cruiser naked, forget the cruiser in the sun for a few hours... even if they are reprimanded for frivolous charges and thrown in jail for criminal abuse, you are STILL subject to administrative suspension and out of pocket for impound fees.

Which doesn't really matter, because an officer could still arrest you for a blatantly inappropriate HTA 172 charge, help themselves to the contents of your wallet, put you in the back of a cruiser naked, forget the cruiser in the sun for a few hours... even if they are reprimanded for frivolous charges and thrown in jail for criminal abuse, you are STILL subject to administrative suspension and out of pocket for impound fees.

I don't lose sleep over it, nor do any of the more responsible riders and drivers I know. If your riding is aggressive enough that you have to keep looking over your shoulder for cops and worry about falling victim to 172, then the problem is your riding and not 172.

I don't lose sleep over it, nor do any of the more responsible riders and drivers I know. If your riding is aggressive enough that you have to keep looking over your shoulder for cops and worry about falling victim to 172, then the problem is your riding and not 172.

Wouldn't it be something if you got a 172 for brake checking some "aggressive rider" one day. Givem an inch they'll take a mile. We're well on our way with s.172 withstanding Charter challenges... What's your breaking point? How far can they go before you take exception?

Wouldn't it be something if you got a 172 for brake checking some "aggressive rider" one day. Givem an inch they'll take a mile. We're well on our way with s.172 withstanding Charter challenges... What's your breaking point? How far can they go before you take exception?

Like I said, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Good luck on yet another Charter challenge, and you will need it given that any future Charter challenge will have to overcome the precedents sets by previous unsuccessful Charter challenges.

Oh really.

Overtake a below-the-speed-limit transport truck on a two-lane road as safely as possible ... i.e. "spend as little time as possible in the opposite-direction lane" ... and my Fiat 500 will be threatening HTA-172-violating speeds.

Or travel at what would appear to be a visually normal speed right here ... i.e. a fairly normal-ish 100 in what ought to be an 80-marked zone ... but what have we here ... https://www.google.ca/maps/place/De...e!8m2!3d43.544789!4d-79.8199986!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Oh really.

Overtake a below-the-speed-limit transport truck on a two-lane road as safely as possible ... i.e. "spend as little time as possible in the opposite-direction lane" ... and my Fiat 500 will be threatening HTA-172-violating speeds.

Or travel at what would appear to be a visually normal speed right here ... i.e. a fairly normal-ish 100 in what ought to be an 80-marked zone ... but what have we here ... https://www.google.ca/maps/place/De...e!8m2!3d43.544789!4d-79.8199986!6m1!1e1?hl=en

What we have here is a narrow non-arterial country road with little or no shoulders, numerous farm and home driveways, and you think 100 on that road is "normalish"?

Sure, you may think that any road with a few bends should become your test track but if that is your normal, then you are the problem.

Last edited:
So 0.01% of the population is doing something wrong, so we should all just bend over and take it how ever they give it? Right :rolleyes:

therapy can do wonders, then again, i'm all ears? cop issues?

i haven't had to do any bending over for a cop,

not saying they are all angels either, but that's like anything else,

eitherway, could just come down to for or against, for whatever reasons,

since when is honking at folks to get off cellphones something acceptable? whilst making hand gestures to your ear? particularly when behind someone stopped at an intersection?

what is that? some new biker lingo shoved down others throats? that everyone is supposed to know about? i've never seen it,

usually honking from behind means ~ move it bud, you're too slow for me

Last edited:
What we have here is a narrow non-arterial country road with little or no shoulders, numerous farm and home driveways, and you think 100 on that road is "normalish"?

Sure, you may think that any road with a few bends should become your test track but if that is your normal, then you are the problem.

You are getting an infraction for this post. And I will explain why.

Before HTA 172 took effect, I took it upon myself to CHECK what a common speed of traffic was on that road. And yes, you can criticize that I wasn't using a police radar gun; I was using the digital speedometer on my own bike, which is known to read very close to 7% high, which allows me to back-calculate the actual road speed by dividing what was observed by 1.07, which I did. And yes, you can criticize my sample size of about 15 vehicles ... but I didn't want to have a local resident call the cops about a motorcycle travelling up and down that road repeatedly (even though it has a stock muffler, etc) and get MYSELF a speeding ticket for doing whatever speed the vehicle I was following was doing.

Not one vehicle in my sample went lower than 80 km/h there. NOT ONE. A couple were between 80 and 90. Two were 100 - 105. The rest were between 90 and 100. One of the vehicles that was between 95 and 100 was a dump truck.

There is zero difference in width of lane, shoulders, straightness, etc between other similar roads (with posted 80 zone) and that section (posted 50 zone). There are only a couple of driveways until about 1 km south of there.

As for myself?

I am not the problem on that road. Reason: I know it's a fishing hole. I've seen cops there. I'm the guy going 70 holding up other traffic there. I'll take a 20-over ticket there if it comes to that; methinks the cop will more likely wait for someone going 30 or 40 over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom