27yr old Whitby man loses leg, has other partially amputated at Cayuga today :( | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

27yr old Whitby man loses leg, has other partially amputated at Cayuga today :(

Re: 27yr old Whitby man loses leg, has other partially amputated at Cayuga yesterday

This is some serious level of ******** here. Bikes on a track doing HIGHSPEED runs and no ambulance on scene.
WTF!!!! AND then it took 40 minutes to arrive, he could have bled out and died, broken bone rips apart his artery etc...

As usual, the lesson learned the hard way AFTER things go wrong for everyone to now say, he, why no ambulance on scene.

You ride a bike, you are at a track, look around, no ambulance then don't ride (not blaming the rider).
Nobody should ride. I get it that we assume their an ambulance there and out of sight perhaps.

If you have someone new or experienced drag racing on a bike then you already KNOW when it goes wrong they will have problems.

Personally, all bikes on a track should be using a recognized steering damper.
Consider it a safety device for everyone on the track and off.

Speedy recovery!

Re: 27yr old Whitby man loses leg, has other partially amputated at Cayuga yesterday

Jeans? I have to ask.is that all that is required to run on the dragstrip?

Any of the "Take it to the Track " days I've been to, you didn't need leathers unless you ran under a certain ET. I believe it was if you ran in the 10s and under, full leathers were required.

I'm curious as to how this wouldn't be a call for Orange air transport. 40 minutes is unconscionable.
Paramedics have to call for air ambo I believe.....which means they have to be on scene first in order to call. Take the "40 minutes" with a grain of salt. It may have "seemed" like 40 minutes but could have been shorter. No tiered response from fire for such a nasty incident?

Paramedics have to call for air ambo I believe.....which means they have to be on scene first in order to call. Take the "40 minutes" with a grain of salt. It may have "seemed" like 40 minutes but could have been shorter. No tiered response from fire for such a nasty incident?
The response time should be super accurate. That info was from the guy who raced right before him, so had the time printed on his slip, and took a photo when the ambulance arrived, and used the exif data and subtracted the times. Every bit of 40 minutes, for sure not less.

Do racers/motogp riders chop the throttle right before hitting the brake for a corner?

MotoGP racers spend an entire weekend fine tuning their bike to the conditions, slowly building up pace. Quite different to running your maybe not so perfectly setup street bike down a strip.. better to not risk upsetting the suspension by slowly rolling off. You've got the space; why not use it

Do racers/motogp riders chop the throttle right before hitting the brake for a corner?

Depends. They're is also a big difference between a Moto gp rider/bike compared to every other bike/rider on the planet.

Our insurance providers require we have EMT's onsite anytime we run as part of our policy requirements - That is the business side of it. But on the personal side when people pay to come thru our gate, they assume the risk/possibility of injury, BUT we are responsible for making sure we have medical services onsite to help them if required. I have gotten to know and become friends with many of the people who support our facility, so We will never run a T&T, Lapping or Race program without medical onsite period.

For those that do not know - PLS represents and I think owns Grand Bend.
Our insurance providers require we have EMT's onsite anytime we run as part of our policy requirements - That is the business side of it. But on the personal side when people pay to come thru our gate, they assume the risk/possibility of injury, BUT we are responsible for making sure we have medical services onsite to help them if required. I have gotten to know and become friends with many of the people who support our facility, so We will never run a T&T, Lapping or Race program without medical onsite period.

I was racing that night, after know no EMS on site I don't think I will be racing there agin unless to watch. Good for you to have EMS on site I think I will check out your track soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom