Good Route from Hamilton to Algonquin? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Route from Hamilton to Algonquin?

rakkaus

Hi, I'm heading to Algonquin tomorrow from Hamilton. Does anyone know a good route there? preferably back roads. Thanks

You going there and back in one day?
How long do you want to be on the bike for each way?

Doing what MacDoc said will work great for the fastest backroads route there, but if you wanted to make an all day ride to get up there then you could hit up some other nice spots on the way there and back as well. So instead of a 5 hour route, you could do an 8 hour route (or more or less) - all depends on what you are looking to do.

I'm going there and back in a day and hoping to hit some nice road while there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going there and back in one day, then I'd suggest bombing along the highway to Barrie and riding backroads north of Barrie. Tomorrow there will be no traffic heading up there and you will be able to cover more distance in a shorter time, leaving you more time to ride the good roads up there.

On your way back, I think there may be a lane reduction at the very bottom of the 400, to get on the 401 west, so you may want to look into that and think about a different way to get to the 401/403.

edit - something like: https://goo.gl/maps/ZSL2LhXg3rT2

Last edited:
If you are going there and back in one day, then I'd suggest bombing along the highway to Barrie and riding backroads north of Barrie. Tomorrow there will be no traffic heading up there and you will be able to cover more distance in a shorter time, leaving you more time to ride the good roads up there.

On your way back, I think there may be a lane reduction at the very bottom of the 400, to get on the 401 west, so you may want to look into that and think about a different way to get to the 401/403.

edit - something like: https://goo.gl/maps/ZSL2LhXg3rT2

Thank You for the route.

Ugh - one day and back roads.....get up early :D

I'm leaving at 8 am :D, hope i can make it back to Hamilton by 10 or 11 pm

I'm leaving at 8 am :D, hope i can make it back to Hamilton by 10 or 11 pm

If you're planning on it in one day you'd best at least take the slabs on the way there. For the trip back down come south on 35 through Dorset, Carnarvon, Minden...down into Lindsay and then you can follow it back down to the 401 in Bowmanville. At least part of your trip will be somewhat scenic.

Google Maps does indeed have an "avoid highways" option on the desktop version and checking it out it plots a reasonably decent backroads trip up that way...but some highway is still going to be unavoidable, including the 401 trek back across Toronto if you take my earlier advice on a different route home.

Gonna be a long day no matter what you do.

If you're planning on it in one day you'd best at least take the slabs on the way there. For the trip back down come south on 35 through Dorset, Carnarvon, Minden...down into Lindsay and then you can follow it back down to the 401 in Bowmanville. At least part of your trip will be somewhat scenic.

Google Maps does indeed have an "avoid highways" option on the desktop version and checking it out it plots a reasonably decent backroads trip up that way...but some highway is still going to be unavoidable, including the 401 trek back across Toronto if you take my earlier advice on a different route home.

Gonna be a long day no matter what you do.

that's a good idea. thanks

Thank you for sharing the route, it was awesome, the cbr 250 made it home, now I need some rest, my bum, knees, and right arm is in pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done and glad it all worked out. For your next ride, you can also check the sticky in this forum for a bunch of sweet roads and routes worth visiting. You can also get a throttle lock or even a crampbuster to ease the right arm fatigue.

Hi, Im going to do another trip around Algonquin area on July 8.
I'm thinking to try muskoka route from the sticky,
anyone have nice route and want to share?
thank you

Back
Top Bottom