2016_07_15 TMP Cayuga gws | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016_07_15 TMP Cayuga gws

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Best wishes to the rider.

From Cp24. Com

Police say that a motorcycle rider was airlifted to hospital with serious life-altering injuries after a single-vehicle collision at a racing track near Cayuga, Ontario on Friday night.
It happened at around 9 p.m. at the Toronto Morotsport Park, which is located south of Cayuga.

Ontario Provincial Police say that the 27-year-old man from Whitby was taken to a Hamilton-area hospital where he remains.The man has serious injuries to both legs, according to the OPP.
The circumstances surrounding the crash are not immediately clear.

I am glad to hear the rider is still with us. When I saw the firetrucks, paramedics and 3 cop cars go by, I didn't have a good feeling.
Then the drag racing event was cancelled and the feeling got worse. (thinking how the cops close a road when there is a fatality...)

GWS.

Ugh. update on rider from Cp24. Com. At least they're alive.

Local paramedics say that a motorcycle rider lost one leg and had to have another amputated below the knee after a single-vehicle collision at a racing track near Cayuga, Ontario on Friday night.
It happened at around 9 p.m. at the Toronto Motorsport Park, which is located south of Cayuga, Ont.

Wishing this rider the best and praying for him. What a tragic accident... :(

Jesus...
Any idea on what exactly happened?

Jesus...
Any idea on what exactly happened?
Wow, just got a call from a friend who was at the strip with his car when it happened :( Was riding a Ninja 600. When the rider let off the throttle at the end of the 1/4 mile run he got into a bad speed wobble, took a hard turn, crossed the center line and pretty much went head on into the cement barrier on the opposite side of the track.

There was NO medical staff on site and it took the ambulance 40 minutes to arrive.

I hope he recovers as much as is possible. I sent Dave the link in case he is able to provide some moral support and/or help him get a bike setup once he recovers (if he chooses to keep riding).

GWS

Thinking of the rider. I'm afraid "GWS" just isn't enough for this poor fellow; there will be no "getting well" from this.

GWS Rider Losing both legs is going to be more than life altering.
Very true.... So sad.

I was back at the track today and a worker told me he got into a speed wobble at the end of the quarter, hit the wall, went over the wall and crashed into the timing tower stand. (Just him, not the bike) :(

Very true.... So sad.

I was back at the track today and a worker told me he got into a speed wobble at the end of the quarter, hit the wall, went over the wall and crashed into the timing tower stand. (Just him, not the bike) :(
Ahhhh, that makes a ton of sense now. Wow :(

Back
Top Bottom