Newb Passenger looking for Ride-alongs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newb Passenger looking for Ride-alongs

In reference to @PrivatePilot s post, or rather, to clarify, I'm in no way insinuating to come to BurritoBoyz and then jump on the back of someone's bike. My line of thinking was that if you want to ride passenger and don't know any riders, then you need to meet riders first.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Will add in as another dad... Having you own gear is a big bonus in your own safety and comfort. Helmet doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. Jackets, etc. can be had for a really low price if you keep your eyes out for deals. Don't know your size, but in the gear section there are a few deals on women's stuff. Last passenger I had was my son, now with a fresh bike my friends are bugging me for rides too. I can't use my old bike as an excuse now. lol

Oh my goodness since when people in this forum became so boring......

This would have been an epic thread a few years back, now is just a bunch of "advice"

Guys, she obviously knows what she is getting into, not stupid as per her answers so about less advice and more offering riders.

Didn't you all do crazy **** when you were 20? maybe not
mmkkkaaayyyy

Thank you for being so supportive! Yes please more ride offers! Don't worry Dads, I'll do my best in staying safe & look into getting my own helmet.

Guys, she obviously knows what she is getting into, not stupid as per her answers so about less advice and more offering riders.

This whole thing sounds like some elaborate scam. Like I'm going to meet up with "Ellie" and end up bike-less or in an ice filled bathtub with no kidney.

Yeah, that list of crazy sh*t I did (am currently doing?) when I was 20 includes buying my DRZ.

Oh my goodness since when people in this forum became so boring......

This would have been an epic thread a few years back, now is just a bunch of "advice"

mmkkkaaayyyy
Treating her no different than I would treat your daughter.
Same way I treat every young lady on here.
If I was 20 years younger and rode an SS, however....

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

This whole thing sounds like some elaborate scam. Like I'm going to meet up with "Ellie" and end up bike-less or in an ice filled bathtub with no kidney.

Yeah, that list of crazy sh*t I did (am currently doing?) when I was 20 includes buying my DRZ.

Depends on what blood you are. If you're type A, you're safe.

Jokes aside, is that why ppl have not been offering?!

Last edited:

Was thinking the exact same thing man. Sounds like a trap. Who's going to fall for the bait? Let's sit back and watch. Whichever sucker is up for it should pack some heat with them or at least come rolling in with a crew in case things go down south. We bikers got to look out for each other.

I know exactly what you mean. I usually converse with the person first. I'm not looking for crazy speed, I don't take boasters, I let them know what I'm looking for. So far the people I've met have been very respectful of my limits and I have been good in listening to what they need from me as a passenger (i.e. when they stop, turn and speed up). We go for slow practice rounds to see whether I am picking up on the techniques before we go on the highway. I don't think anyone is truly out there hoping to test fate.

I appreciate the concern. Wish me luck :)

:confused:

Don't make any sudden movements (in fact, just don't move); Don't fall off.. Wouldn't qualify those as techniques

Let's address the elephant in the room here. Is this a "ride" or a "hookup"?

*And all of you may be viewing this "Rides/Hookups" forum in a different light from now on...

:confused:

Don't make any sudden movements (in fact, just don't move); Don't fall off.. Wouldn't qualify those as techniques

Don't I have to move with the driver on turns? Don't lean too much or too little. One of the drivers I went with called it that & I think it's quite fitting. No need to mock the newb.

Last edited:
Let's address the elephant in the room here. Is this a "ride" or a "hookup"?

*And all of you may be viewing this "Rides/Hookups" forum in a different light from now on...

Isn't that one in the same? This is a motorcycle forum. If you're looking to date go on tinder or ask one these guys to bring a friend at the next Mexican burrito w/e.

Was thinking the exact same thing man. Sounds like a trap. Who's going to fall for the bait? Let's sit back and watch. Whichever sucker is up for it should pack some heat with them or at least come rolling in with a crew in case things go down south. We bikers got to look out for each other.

As for you guys... I don't know if I trust you to be safe drivers. Lacking a bit of confidence . When I ride I'm as gentle as a koala - don't do anything stupid to scare me and you won't be mauled.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom